Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, ive been visiting this site since early january... and my acne was moderate on my face, pretty bad on my back, and bad on my chest.

at first i was doing dans regimen, but that was making my face really dry, and i started hearing about other stuff.

i was on dans late february, when i started using B5 at 5gs then 7gs, and i changed soaps to CnC Blackhead scrub. about a week later, i started using Botchla's full regimen, and ive been on 10g's of b5 since then. about 3 weeks ago.

however, botchlas was making my face really bad, and i quit after about a week and a half, because i could feel the irritation and XGamerX's thread was gaining momentum. now im using cetaphil without water + 10gs of B5 every day, and i have been for about a week and a half, except he 10gs of b5 has been going on for 2 or 3 weeks.

My dad came over today, i havent seen him in a month and he says im definately lookking worse and i need to see a derm. my mom agrees with him and i think its dumb because i dont really want to go. my mom suggested accutane the other day and i dont want that, and ym dad thinks i need to go on antibacterials and i said no.

what should i do? should i give the B5 more time? its been almost a month, 1.5 weeks on 5gs, a week on 7gs, and 1.5 weeks on 10? i want to buy some of the ALA/DMAE stuff so i can start perricones, but now i dont know what to do.. sad.gif

Guest Tracy

I'm sorry your acne is worse. Botchla's regimen broke me out BADLY and I never break out anymore.....I just wanted to use it to clear up a few stubborn black heads and whiteheads, but I got tons of very small cystic bumps instead. I think there's something in the C & C formula that my skin does not like at all.

I don't have any answers for you.....just to say that oftentimes, simpler and gentler is better. Maybe you could wash with a very gentle, soap-free cleanser and use a very light layer of 2.5% BP only once per day......that might help.