Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

haha, sorry for what might seem like an obvious question, but I have never heard of a 'primer' before. I know you put it under makeup....but what does it do? is it a liquid-type thing? is having a primer important?

A primer is generally a gel/cream product that is applied as a base layer to the skin prior to applying makeup. It helps makeup to go on smoothly, and last longer. Many primers also help to reduce redness as well.

I reccomend Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel.. though the product was not created to be used as a makeup primer, I find it works wonderfully. I never thought I needed a primer and tried it for the hell of it because of its amazing reviews, and will never go back!

Like MarsBars mentioned, it helps makeup go on smoothly and makes it last longer. It also fills in small holes and imperfections. I know Smashbox's primers come in different tints to help your skin look it's best. In general it aids a more natural look and stops foundations and powders from appearing cakey.