Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleaman

Some stuff I've been meaning to share....

Alright, well I just wanted to throw a bunch of crap together in one post since I've been meaning to say alot of this for a while but have been too lazy. SOme is what worked for me, others is just info I think everyone should consider, especially those who arent having success with diet alone. I have been clear for a while but skin always looked nasty still. These are somethings I have found to be important, and you should consider:

1. Iodine Supllementation: I hear so much on here about how people are avoiding seafood because of iodine, or milk, or vitamins, etc. Iodine is essential and I would be willing to bet that nearly everyone of us is deficient in it. I highly suggest you do some reading on the topic and decide if you think it would help. I do not think you should take Lugol's or any chemical iodine, but rather find natural sources (sea vegetables, black walnut). It has made a huge difference in my mood and energy levels. I am sure it could help many here, but I suggest you do research first and see if it is right for you since I dont want everyone here to run out and start taking it because I said so. READ, then decide if its a route worth pursuing.

2. Your skin is doing what your liver, kidneys or digestive system is failing to do: Your acne is basically saving your life in my opinion. Your digestive system or liver/kidneys are clearing not removing toxins as they should and are congested to the point that your skin has taken over the task of excreting waste materials. I think that getting these pathways of elimination opened nd working effectively is important. Im not condoning liver flushes or any of that because I still question their effectiveness in doing what they claim. Again, do some research and decide what you should do to get things in order. Theres more healing than just food, and sometimes if things have gotten bad enough you may need to make extra effort to get things running smoothly. I am convinced that all those who are not getting clear through healthy diets should look at the deeper issues. COnsider a parasite cleanse. You would not believe how many peole have them. When my gf did a liver flush after a parasite cleanse there were lots of flukes and a big tapeworm. alright this is nasty, but i took the stuff into school and a science professor confirmed they were indeed liver flukes and a tapeworm. So you too may have them too. I never saw any bugs afte mine so maybe Im just lucky?

3. Fasting:Alright I know this one will cuase some reactions but this is what finally got my skin looking healthy and NORMAL. More than anything I did it more as a mental test and to learned how it feels to be truly hungry(which I never actually experienced). I fasted on 1-2 quarts of orange juice for 21 days. Now you probably think I am insane but it was the most enlightening and educational experience ever. I never posted anything here since I do not think it is right for everyone(i didnt even tell my family, i just made up excuses why i wasnt coming to dinner), and until you read and research you will never believe it to be possible. So for 3 weeks I only consumed 1-2 quarts of fresh squeezed orange juice diluted with equal parts water. I just finished a few days ago and still havent worked my way up to normal food yet. still just eating a little fruit and veggies each day. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS AS A WAY TO CURE YOUR ACNE. I had to say it because again I do not want people going out and doing this thinking it will cure acne. I did it because it has intrigued me that people could go so long wthout food. I felt perfectly fine the whole time and was working and going to school the entire time and never even felt hungry, believe it or not. Whether my silky smooth skin remains after returning to a normal diet remains to be seen, but it was very interesting. Yes, I did loss like 20 lbs which I am gaining back quickly(apprx. 2 lb/day). I am actually gaining more weight per day than I am eating. One more time, THIS PROBABL WONT CURE YOUR ACNE, i just wanted to share what gave me the skin i thought i would never have again(perfect tone, smooth, glowing, i cant believe it). My candida/leaky gut symptoms also vanished(athletes foot, warts, white tongue, dandruff/scalp folliculitis). READ READ READ, then consider this if you think youre up to it.

Well, thats all I have to say. Feel free to call me a crazy quack or whatever(I agree im a little crazy) or ask questions. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts and experiences so that it could possibly help someone. To reiterate it one more time, please do research before you try any of my crazy ideas. They are not for everyone and I can not vouch for their effectiveness in curing acne since i achieved that much through diet and exercise. hope you enjoyed reading my poorly organized and grammatically flawed post. good luck

I applaud your strength and resolve. Your will is stronger than 98% of the population.

eh, fasting really was no big deal. i could have easily gone longer. The whole thing is breaking the habit of eating. First day was a little rough then after that was no problem.

good post dude, totaly agree, the fasting gives the organs a much needed rest,and totally cleans and purifys the blood stream. it gives the organs chance to rejuvinate, and i agree that skin is acting as elimanation organ, as for be the kidneys,liver or digestive system, are strugling,or not functioning to max ability for whatever reason. but which organ is it, i know they all intervine with each other,but whos the boss? acording to tradional chinese medicine the liver is the chief organ. or is it one weakining the other? i feel this is why people who dont get acne is because there elimination is being eliminated through these and not the skin.

Did you do any sort of cleanse like with fiber or anything to get your system empty before fasting?

What made you go with OJ, as compared to straight water, or another juice?

Thank You

I have been on a similiar type fast, but for like 2 weeks.. except I have been eating boiled eggs, and green apples, and I must admit,my face looks damn good, and feels better...I dont think it has been that hard to do either...my over body..type feel.

I think my organs needed the break, and now I feel really okay..

I will add a couple of more supplements back to my diet, and lean white meat, slowly, and rotating in between eating meat, everyonce and while, or like 2 maybe 3 times a week..I will add my dark green veggies back for sure.

I just need to make my digestion normal, and hopefully the fiber foods/suipplement I will be adding in will do just that.

No real reason for OJ, just the fact that it is easy to make. any juice would be fine in my opinion. I did a liver flush at the very beginning which flushed most of the waste out with the epsom salts. I kept taking some herbs to ensure a bowel movement daily(even though by the end that wasnt happening). I decided to go with juice because I think 3 weeks on water would just be horrible and possibly dangerous. The juice at least gives you some energy to run off of.

Did you do any sort of cleanse like with fiber or anything to get your system empty before fasting?

What made you go with OJ, as compared to straight water, or another juice?

Thank You

I have been on a similiar type fast, but for like 2 weeks.. except I have been eating boiled eggs, and green apples, and I must admit,my face looks damn good, and feels better...I dont think it has been that hard to do either...my over body..type feel.

I think my organs needed the break, and now I feel really okay..

I will add a couple of more supplements back to my diet, and lean white meat, slowly, and rotating in between eating meat, everyonce and while, or like 2 maybe 3 times a week..I will add my dark green veggies back for sure.

I just need to make my digestion normal, and hopefully the fiber foods/suipplement I will be adding in will do just that.

:think: i guess thats kinda similar. Glad youre having success though. My body definatley needed a break from all the food I had been eating daily. Now i know what I really need and will most likely eat far less than before. not sure if thats good or not. Im just glad I have already gained back almost 10 lbs already, which i was worried might be tough. I dont think I even ate 10 lbs worth of food.

I don't think I would be able to fast for more than a day, I want to, but I don't think I could because I live in a family and they'll think I'll develop an eating deficiency if I skip meals. You know? But I have fasted for a day, twice, because I worked that day and wouldn't have eaten with my family anyways. And I think it was fairly effective. But I just got a cleansing book from the library that advised me not to cleanse by going on juice fasts. So I don't know. If I lived alone I would have already have gone through a long cleanse, but oh well. Thank you so much for sharing! It seems like a step in the right direction doesn't it? I think a lot of people eat too much, in fact most people know that most people eat too much. :)

I don't think I would be able to fast for more than a day, I want to, but I don't think I could because I live in a family and they'll think I'll develop an eating deficiency if I skip meals. You know? But I have fasted for a day, twice, because I worked that day and wouldn't have eaten with my family anyways. And I think it was fairly effective. But I just got a cleansing book from the library that advised me not to cleanse by going on juice fasts. So I don't know. If I lived alone I would have already have gone through a long cleanse, but oh well. Thank you so much for sharing! It seems like a step in the right direction doesn't it? I think a lot of people eat too much, in fact most people know that most people eat too much. :)

yea the only person who knew i was doing it is my gf. My family already thinks im crazy so no need to tell them I didnt eat for 3 weeks. I have heard one day fasts once a week are very effective as well. I simply did this as a personal test/experiment and did not expect much of any change. WHen so many of my persistent problems went away I was shocked, I still have to see if when I return to a more normal diet if anything pops up again though.

That is what I am alittle worried about, as far as adding more foods in the mix....but damn, if foods, werent soo tricky, with what will break you out, or not...or what will induce inflammation, and what wont..ext..

I know it is not a good idea to not each much, becuase of the missing nutrients ext..however I think periodically 2 week, 30 day fasting, on like juices, and or 1 or 2 healthy items, could be okay...to give a break to your body's internal organs....we may be on to something..

I think I will do this like 1 time a mnth, and when I do eat whole meals again, I will make sure to give myself a well amnt of nutireints in my diet ext..

I soo,even now, am getting full after 1 or 2 bbites of food.

I like this new concept, thus far.

This is really interesting. I have a personal experience to share regarding this. A while back in 2004 I lost a family member which was nothing short of traumatizing for me. Of course, my appetite was non-existant for..oh..at least a few days. Even under all that stress my acne was GONE not long after. I did no washing or anything, just an occasional splash of water. Though it came back after a couple months, after reading this i think i could REALLY benefit from an extended fast. Tomorrow is the first day of August, seems like as good of time to start as any right? A quick question if i may. I'm currently doing NdnRomeo's supplement reg. Do you think i'd get the same results if i fasted and took these supplements? I think it would be ok, but what does everyone think?

Now that i don't eat processed foods anymore, I think i could sustain the clearness once the fasting is over (assuming i do indeed clear up). Good luck everyone.

Every is discussing fasting, but i'm really interested in the Iodine. Someone reported having some great success with it (DejaClaireVoyante i think?) and now you. I have tried to find some information about iodine, "detox" and acne on the net but i mostly end up on curezone, which has the worse forum interface ever and makes me give up in anger after 5 minutes every time.

Care to post a few good links on the subject when you get a chance? Thanks.

Every is discussing fasting, but i'm really interested in the Iodine. Someone reported having some great success with it (DejaClaireVoyante i think?) and now you. I have tried to find some information about iodine, "detox" and acne on the net but i mostly end up on curezone, which has the worse forum interface ever and makes me give up in anger after 5 minutes every time.

Care to post a few good links on the subject when you get a chance? Thanks.

Charles I sent you a PM. Yes curezone does suck. I dont know why they use the format they do, its frustrating to say the least.

Ariellestar, I wouldnt take any supllements while fasting. Maybe some herbs like slippery elm to heal the gut, and doing a parasite cleanse would be good too, along with some sort of natural colon-cleasning program. You can PM me if you want full details on what I did.

To everyone thinking about or talking about fasting please do lots of research before you ever consider such a thing. Dont do it because i said so, you never know i might be some quacked-out looney, so always research. I think a fast is fine and all but return to a normal healthy diet and dont stay on a calorie restrictive diet long-term. I dont want this to be the new acne.org fad. You have to be mentally perpared and go into it with the right mind-set to be succesful. If you do it simply to clear your acne you wont have success. About a week in I actually got more pimples than I had in months combined so you must expect such things. It wasnt until about 2 weeks that things really started changing. I am more than happy to help out, but want everyone to understand this isnt a quick fix or cure-all. i know i sound redundant but I hate when someone posts something and everyone here jumps on the bandwagon. This is serious stuff.

I think the juice you chose for you fast is interesting. I don't drink juice and think it's better to get the enzymes from eating the fruit whole. If it's pasteurized, that's like getting pasteurized ACV...not worth it. Honestly, I can't eat more than a serving of fruit a day so this OJ fast would be like eating gummy bears for me all day long. More nutritious, but not good for hyperactivity. Maybe I could try lemons, but that's worse for the enamel. You might want to try a fast specifically for parasites even though you never had any. Raw onions for 3 days: It's not as appetizing and your family would notice.

skin still looks amazing, but i still havent yet gone back to my full diet yet. I feel great off of so much less food now so I am probably still only eating 2,000 calories compared to my previous 3000-3500/day. Ive just been eating fruits, veggies, nuts, beans too, I havent had any desire to eat meat(its so damn hot here). But so far I still feel amazing. Ill update when and if I return to my previous calorie-overloaded diet. I have gained back nearly 12 pounds now which is good because i looked a little sickly at 6'2" and 140 lb.

Oh, Msingrains, i hand-squeezed the juice so its wasnt pastuerized or anything. When its watered down i dont think youd have a problem. I only juiced 8 oranges for a whole day, and drank it diluted with water.

Interesting post on fasting.

I'm starting a juice fast but I'll be using green smoothies instead of the orange juice. My question though is that I'm also in the process of preparing for an internal cleansing. As of now, I'm taking herbs to cleanse the bowels and getting them moving, and parasite cleanse. I won't be cleansing the kidney's or the liver for a few weeks. Should I wait till I have flushed my liver to start fasting? Or would it matter that I fast and then start flushing?

Also have you done a kidney cleanse? I'm looking for a good way to cleanse the kidney's

Interesting post on fasting.

I'm starting a juice fast but I'll be using green smoothies instead of the orange juice. My question though is that I'm also in the process of preparing for an internal cleansing. As of now, I'm taking herbs to cleanse the bowels and getting them moving, and parasite cleanse. I won't be cleansing the kidney's or the liver for a few weeks. Should I wait till I have flushed my liver to start fasting? Or would it matter that I fast and then start flushing?

Also have you done a kidney cleanse? I'm looking for a good way to cleanse the kidney's

I dont think a liver lfush is neccesary first, but would probably be beneficial(like i said though, Im still not sold on whether they do what they claim). I think if you do one though, you should be eating and not fasting. I heard people dont get much if they dont eat during the morning. Maybe green smoothies would be fine since they have something to them(unless you strain the pulp/fiber). During the fast I was taking kidney cleansing herbs/tincture, parasite formula, iodine, and herbal colon cleanse.

GOOD , sleasman, you are still having results!!

Even though I did not do a juice fast, my results are still great as well!!

I think the water ontent in the apples I have been eating, helped clean me out..

I had litterrally.(not exactly a juice fst)..atel only like 6 green grany smith apples a day, and only like 3 boiled eggs...and though that was not really a "fast",again it gave my internal organs a much needed break, and now they seem to be working really well, except for my digestion.

What I have also noticed, is I have more control then ever of what I eat, and or crave for..

I no longer crave the bad foods, and its perservatives ext...I know that everything I am eating is strictly whole, and little if not no other ingredients whatsover...

For my lean meats, I eat a really small poertion, and dilute it with water to make it soggy..ewwwl, I know but it really taste good to me that way..

I am keeping the grren apples as my mian fruit, and that is it..and I will continue to eat them, atleast 3 times a day, with the skin peeled..

I am on a more high protein/modereate fruit type diet..

Of course I have added back in my green foods, like salds, and broccoloi,kale..

But the eggs,and lean white meats, and oddly enough these green granny smith apples seem to working well for me..

I want to do the juice fast, however when I was doing just the 3 boiled eggs a day, and apples... for 2 weeks,I ended up weighing like 98 pds..from 105 pds..

Now I am at a good solid 102 pds...if I do the juice fast for a mnth, I might just dissapear..lol..

And I am afraid by doing those fasts too much I will be missing some nurients,from other foods..I might do this every other mnth, or something to that nature.

But what I am getting at is, this fasting wether all juice, or all fruits IMO, seem to give the body and mind a kind of expansion ,and natural cleansing process...ext..

And give you like the ability to have control over yourself, and it deems to influence your choices of foods, and also sort of make you not desire bad foods...and giving the option, foods almost is not even on my mind for the most part..cravings seem to drop compleley,and now I only EAT WHEN HUNGRY, and stop when I have satisfied that hunger.

Just need to get my digestion back on track.

ABout 6 months ago my acne would have been moderate-severe(lots of pustules and cysts). I still have all the scarring to prove it. I get rid of my acne before all of this stuff through diet. The problem is my face still looked crappy, like all red, dry but oily, and jus unhealthy. So like Ive said, this fasting and cleansing did not cure my acne per se, but rather just improved my skin to where it looks normal. SOme lady at work even commented and asked what i did. The main thing fasting and iodine did for me was improve the overall tone and feel of my skin and got rid of long list of candida/leaky gut symptoms I had (athletes foot, SD around my hairline, white tongue, warts). I really couldnt believe these warts on hands that I've had for as long as I can remember just disappeared. So it did not cure my acne, but seeing the results I am pretty sure this would have done the trick with acne as well. Like I said in an earlier posts as well, my skin got BAD around day 7 or 8. I had more pimples than I had in like 6 months combined. Around week two is when I really noticed symptoms just vanishing. So many will be discouraged with the big breakout they get, which is why I said you should go into it with the right attitude and knowledge or else you will likely give up when you start breaking out.

I also think this is why its working for me..the whole quality of my skin/texture..everything..is like really good at the moment..I went a day without using my gentle cleanser, and my skin still feel smooth..

I think the water content in the green apples, which are making me pee like crazy..lol.has helped my water retention, becuase my face looks less boloated..

Plus the iodine in the eggs seem to be working well.

I eat 4 boiled or scrambles eggs everyay for the past week, and like 6 green apples..I have for dnnner nothing but a green romaine lettuce salad,with cucmbers and thats it.

I have a ate a really small portion of llean white meat a day.

I am saying this becuase basically now, 85% of my diet is boiled eggs with iodine that I think is helping, plus the anti inflammatory action of the omegga 3s, and also the green apples..that sugar is low in and It is more watery/bitter then suggary..is really healping get the water retention expelled through urine..

And the other10 % is salad/broccoli..5% lean white meat..

and so far, going on 3 and a half weeks my skin is feeling looking good.

I will report back in another week to make it a full mnth on this weird diet

Would you say the fasting helped more or the iodine? Or is it hard to say at this point?

Also I would be interested if you could post/PM your iodine/cleansing info.

Also, what sort of diet do you recommend?

Thank you.

Fasting is harder than I thought lol.

I keep getting tempted by food... so I keep saying oh well i'll start tomorrow.

But seriously I'm starting for real tomorrow

I find it really hard to get enough juice from the fruits though. I'd have to grind up like 4 apples to get enough juice for like half a glass... where 4 organic apples would cost like $6 or more

it's costing a lot... have you just used normal non-organic oranges? I'm afraid oranges might break me out