Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RSXBOI

I'm going to make my own creme what do u think?

OK well I was thinking about doing this creme lol but I dont know if it will work or not.

Ok get some zinc tablets and crush them up. Get acouple of those Green tea organic bags and use the herbs for the creme. Then add water and mix everything together. Maybe even add some grape seed extract?

I have all these things..Bad or good idea?

Guest missyjean130

You can always experiment..that sounds like it would make a paste though :think:

Haha that sounds awesome. I thought about making my own cream also with a bunch of anti bacterial and anti inflammatory herbs.

You could even add in some vegetable glycerin which would help add moisture. However I think the poster above me is right, that may end up making a paste.

I'm going to make the paste right now...LOL I hope it works.

I'm doing it because I have all those things but I cant use them at the same time and I dont know what is more effective. The Tea tree oil ( grape extract) Green tea Creme and tea and Zinc. Just might aswell mix everything up and make one big pasty substance.

Not to rain on your parade, but I don't recommend it. Skin is very fragile, and any treatments that have gotten out into the market have gone through relentless testing and tweaking by trained chemists to ensure what you're putting on your face is safe. Experimentation is tempting - I've thought about it myself - but consider that you're not going to think of anything the professionals with college degrees in the field haven't.

Well, that sounds pretty basic.. But I'd suggest looking up specific recipes first and following those and then tweaking from there. There's lots of simple DIY recipes floating around, and various websites that sell inexpensive bulk ingredients. I imagine it could get complicated trying to make your own face creams-- keeping it from going rancid, knowing how much of each ingredient to put into it, etc.

Or maybe you could just buy a very basic moisturizer, put it in a different bottle and mix a few essential oils into it?