Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeOne

Chemical Burn (need help)

I'll try to keep this somewhat short. If you need to know any details to help me, just let me know.

I'm a 15 year old male. My acne was... I'd say moderate. I was fighting it using Botchla's regimen (SA and BP). Everything was going great. My skin was dry and flakey from time to time, but otherwise everything was pretty good.

One day, after I'd done the SA part, I was putting the BP on my face, when suddenly it began to burn like crazy. I was in serious pain. I immediately washed it off. The parts of my face that I'd put it on (forehead, cheeks, some on my nose) were really red.

In the days following, my face became really itchy in those parts. I'd try to resist itching, but I always gave in sooner or later once the itch got bad enough. My face also was really red in those same areas, and got even more red when I scratched.

Then came the peeling. Basically, those parts of my face began to peel like crazy. Most of the time when I gave into the crazy itch I'd scratch off most of the peeling skin. Afterward the skin underneath would look and feel fine for a few hours, but soon enough they would turn red again and feel rough like the rest of my burned skin.

That was about 1 or 2 weeks ago. Now, I've started on what XgamerX describes in his thread. My face is still really red in the areas that the BP was on. It itches often, but not nearly as often as it did before. And it still peels. But it hasn't really gotten much better.

Luckily, I'm on Spring Break now, but I'm going back to school soon. And in less than 2 weeks, I'm going to be up on stage in front of the entire high school, singing. I CAN'T go up there looking like this. I don't know what to do.

Ugh... I really hate this. Luckily, my acne is all gone now, thanks to XgamerX's thing. But if I had to choose between this and having acne, I think I'd go with the acne. Because now people say stuff to me like "Oh my God! What the hell happened to your face?!" and sometimes my friends laugh at me. They didn't laugh at me when I had acne.

So PLEASE, I really need help. I need to somehow get rid of the redness and the peeling. I've tried using Aloe Vera, but it doesn't seem to work well and just seems to make my skin get even drier than before.

Is there anything I can do to make the burn go away and the peeling stop?

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.

--NeOne

Can you get hold of some Neosporin? You need to apply that and keep the wounded areas moist. Do this until it heals.

oh man....

i don't want to scare you but I put some really harsh BP 10% stuff under my nose 3 years ago and I experienced the same thing as you and it's STILL RED. yes 3 years later. it's not nearly as red as it used to be (it took about 2 years of healing though) but I'm actually going have to get a laser/light treatment done on it to remove the redness.

now i'm certainly NOT saying that you and i are in the same boat....but if it doesn't heal within a month or two, then def. go to the dermatologist and see if they can help you. don't wait around for 3 years like I did.

oh man....

i don't want to scare you but I put some really harsh BP 10% stuff under my nose 3 years ago and I experienced the same thing as you and it's STILL RED.  yes 3 years later.  it's not nearly as red as it used to be (it took about 2 years of healing though) but I'm actually going have to get a laser/light treatment done on it to remove the redness. 

now i'm certainly NOT saying that you and i are in the same boat....but if it doesn't heal within a month or two, then def. go to the dermatologist and see if they can help you.  don't wait around for 3 years like I did.

oh man....

i don't want to scare you but I put some really harsh BP 10% stuff under my nose 3 years ago and I experienced the same thing as you and it's STILL RED.  yes 3 years later.  it's not nearly as red as it used to be (it took about 2 years of healing though) but I'm actually going have to get a laser/light treatment done on it to remove the redness. 

now i'm certainly NOT saying that you and i are in the same boat....but if it doesn't heal within a month or two, then def. go to the dermatologist and see if they can help you.  don't wait around for 3 years like I did.

That is just so weird! And scary, too. I'm doing a modification of the botchla method too, so I'm curious about the details of the situation (for either of you guys who got the BP burns, really).

Do you think you maybe suddenly became allergic to BP? Or was your skin really dry and/or exfoliated that time, and so the BP just went deeper into your skin? Or...??? :-k :?:

Sorry, I don't have any idea what you could do to help fix it, though.

- Zha

I really have no idea what happened.

It sounds like it might be some kind of allergic thing, but I was fine using it every morning and night for about 2 weeks, so that doesn't sound very logical.

It could have been that my skin was really dry. I dunno.

Right now I'm hoping that it'll just peel away. I mean, my face looks awful when it's peeling and whatnot, but hopefully it'll help.

I had something similar to that happen to me.What I used was Band-Aid Hurt free Antiseptic wash.I put it on like you would a toner all day long.It helps with the redness and it helps with itching because it has a pain reliever in it.Then at night I'd use Neosporin with gauze pads.Hopes this helps

This is the BEST stuff for painful irritations is the Neosporin + PAIN RELIEF formula. It's healfast but also has a numbing agent in it that causes your pain to immediately cool down. Just yesterday I did a dumb thing and got a chemical burn from the lactic acid and I put this on and I got immediate relief. When I woke up... no scabbing.

Here's a link to see the package details http://www.pfizer.com/do/counter/firstaid/...porin_pain.html

In canada of course, it's called polysporin + Pain relief.... http://www.pfizer.ca/our%20products/consum...default.asp?s=1

Hope that helps everyone and anyone. The numbing really makes the difference!

Yes I love anything with numbing in it.It is bad enough sometimes the things we have to put on our skin.We should atleast get to not feel it sometimes.

I like Spenco 2nd Skin Healing Gel, which is available at CVS, online too. It's really pure hyaluronic, very soothing and healing for chemical burns, overdone skin.