Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pontings

Dan or anyone- is it best to shave every day?

I'm on the regimen and use an electric razor to shave all over (although I can't grow a decent beard yet - just fluff!) Will I get less spots by shaving every day, every other day or only now and again. Is it the hair on my face causing spots or the irritation from shaving?

I believe it all depends on how irritated your skin becomes after shaving. Some people find that they get breakouts in the very same spots that they shave, while others don't. Plus, it might be a good idea to use a good aftershave even though you're using an electric shaver.

It's actually supposed to be ACV + witch hazel = good aftershave.

I'm on the regimen and use an electric razor to shave all over (although I can't grow a decent beard yet - just fluff!) Will I get less spots by shaving every day, every other day or only now and again. Is it the hair on  my face causing spots or the irritation from shaving?

I shave everyday with electric, but I'm prone to get acne either way. Whatever ways I may find in dealing with it for now, my problem is internal, so it wouldn't matter in my case. As far as having acne, I would think it'd be better to go electric considering the electric razor won't actually slice off any pimples that get in the way.

Electric doesnt cut the hair below the skin like a blade, therefore less of a chance for the hair to become ingrown. I have somewhat curly hair, very thick, and grows in different directions, so I'm prone to ingrowns. Derms alwys told me to use an electirc. Except for one he said use both and stick to the one you like the best. I like the blade and I shave every three days and my ingrowns have decreased dramatically. I never really got down w/ the electric, (that was a long time ago, think I should give it try soon, just a little worried) but others swear by them. I do know that you have to give it a month (any new shaving reg) before you can judge, b/c by then your hair and skin would be used to the new style of cutting.