Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One_Love

Just discovered a breakthrough for me!

You know that area between your eyebrows and your side burns? Well that area got a little hairy, but not enough to be noticeable unless you staring directly at it and concentrating really hard to see the hairs. Well anyways, I was shaving, and decided to just quickly swipe that area. A couple of days later, I start seeing little bumps in that area that lead me to believe that my shaving technique and/or the hair follicles needs to be adjusted!

Anyone else notice this?

I was using a regular 2 blade razor with Barabossa(SP) shaving cream.

yep, my spots seem to show up where I shave regularly...

I'd imagine that it helps if you shave with the grain rather than against it, so you don't damage the skin as much.

Invest in a Mach 5 and the Gillette super sensitive shaving cream with aloe and vitamin e. I used to have the same problem as you guys before Accutane and I found that be the most effective way. Use a warm towel before you shave or hot water to help increase circulation and to make the hairs softer to cut through. Oh, one more afterthought, always run the blade in steaming hot water before you use it to kill any bacteria that could be lingering from a previous shave (Just be sure to cool it down before you touch it to you skin...trust me).

Invest in a Mach 5 and the Gillette super sensitive shaving cream with aloe and vitamin e. I used to have the same problem as you guys before Accutane and I found that be the most effective way. Use a warm towel before you shave or hot water to help increase circulation and to make the hairs softer to cut through. Oh, one more afterthought, always run the blade in steaming hot water before you use it to kill any bacteria that could be lingering from a previous shave (Just be sure to cool it down before you touch it to you skin...trust me).

before you start doing this, did you get any weird bumps, marks, or any thing that seems odd after you shaved?

Use an electric razor.

NEVER go against the grain ('up' your face), never, ever ever ever.

You are giving yourself shaving rash.