Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve_

Accutane pls (With pictures)

Fellow Canadian on accutane! Just wondering, what kind of moisturizer are you using?

Dont worry im not gonna stop accutane! never! its my only hope so it better works. Ill see my derm in 6 days so ill see what he has to say.

And vandit00 yes i hope its gonna happen, and ive been happy for the past 2 months and was not getting new zits anymore till 2 days ago or something now i have like 4 big zits on my forehead and some on my cheeks. If i was healing as fast as before i wouldnt complain so much but now the healing is very very very slow its just insane so its depressing.

Im sorry to hear you broke out again but that happened to me too. I got clear right away then about month 4 I started to break out in tiny zits all over my cheeks and forhead. I took my last pill yesterday and I still have a few small zits but they are dying out. All I can say is to keep your chin up, some people do not completely clear until their course is over. How long are you suppossed to be on the medication and how long have you been on the meds this far?

Im sorry to hear you broke out again but that happened to me too. I got clear right away then about month 4 I started to break out in tiny zits all over my cheeks and forhead. I took my last pill yesterday and I still have a few small zits but they are dying out. All I can say is to keep your chin up, some people do not completely clear until their course is over. How long are you suppossed to be on the medication and how long have you been on the meds this far?

I think itll be a 6 month course. And Ive been on accutane for almost 2 months now. Face is still shitty right now and I dont think accutane will work for me because there is no diference between now and 2 months ago. :boohoo:

Day 57

Where to start..

My face looks terrible and yes im still breaking out and not healing, like really not healing at all and since i was feeling depressed and shit I decided to get a new haircut ( it always help) but this time omg this is proly the worst haircut ive ever had in my entire life. So I decided to stay home and not do shit until things get better. And like it wasnt enough ive got new side effects. Some ezcema on my hand and joint paint everywhere, my knees and fingers? ( dont ask me why) hurt like hell when I jog and work out... So anyway ill see my derm in 3 days so im not expecting too much anyway he looks a lil bit lazy. Last time i went to see him he just took a look at me and said it looks better right? and he gave me my pills so hell proly do the same . I just hope things will get better soon and that ill start clearing. cheers

So i saw my derm and he said that he will probably give 100mg/day next month if things are not good. Now correct me if im wrong but 100mg sounds like a lot right? Im 185 pounds btw. But he said it was a normal dosage. Well mebbe it could help since 80 mg is not really doing anything right now. I mean im not breaking out again thx god but my skin isnt dry. Anyway well see next month.

cheers!

Day 64

I think the accutane is messing with my brain. Im having really fucked up thoughts, dreams etc. But it could be the fact that im never going out also. Ye im never doing shit i stay home always because of how i look I stopped school, going out etc. Now its the only thing i think about and believe me when you look at yourself in the mirror every 15 minutes you dont see any results. My skin isnt dry anymore so i just hope the 100 mg/day next month will help. Since its big dose im already eating well and not drinking. Anyway its not fun to drink alone right, I dont wanna be worst than i already am.

My face is...well its hard to say because i thought it was good so i took some pictures and when i saw them i just puked. I dunno if its the camera or the flash or bad light but god it was awful. Since i never go out also my skin tone is very white and i guess thats why the acne is worst.

But anyway even if accutane is messing with my head and giving me some joint pain, theres no way im gonna stop taking it. I dont want acne anymore is it clear? And ill do anything to have a clear face so ye maybe im fucked up to some ppl but the truth is im just tired and i tried to live with acne and im just not able to do it. I paranoid and im very negative in everything i do i swear if i had the money id go see a shrink, even if it would be useless since she/he will not be able to give me what i want. But at least i could talk about it. But ofc thx god I have this website so ye the website itself some kind of shrink for me. I know i should go out i mean shit i didnt do shit for 2 months except going to see my derm. And the longer i saty home the worst it gets....

Day 73

Well im feeling a lot better now. My skin is doing well for now im healing and im not breaking out. Havent had a single zit in days now. The only thing i hate about my skin right now is my tone im so pale lol and ofc the redmarks but they will probably go away after the accutane, well i hope. Also im not working out a lot these days its kinda hard with accutane, cant wait to work out like crazy again heh. No joint problem when i dont jog also. So overall im doing good.

Day 78

Well its kinda hard for me to update these days since I dont see any difference on my face. I didnt breakout but my redmarks are not healing. I guess they will after accutane. Anyway im gonna see my derm in 2 weeks and i think hell put me on 100mg/day, because right now my skin isnt really dry on my face. The side effects are not really bothering me anymore so thats cool. I just need some sun right now lol i miss the summer my skin tone was really pretty and ofc the acne looked better. But at least i can see how my face really is right now since im really white. And really its not that bad. The redmarks are the problem now even if i still have some active on my face theyre healing. gonna go eat now cyaz

Day 81

Hey guys, just wanna let you know that im doing really good right now. My face is well its not that bad lol like I said I dont have a lot of actives but the redmarks are another story. I guess it will heal better after accutane. So right now im really excited also because next year I will go to college , ye I know im a little bit old 22 years old but i got tired of working at a grocery store. Anywayz I also wanna join the football team so im working really hard each day to be in shape. The try-outs will be in may so i have like 7 months to practice. I never really played football before but now i just love it and if I could join the team it would be awesome. My high school was kinda boring and they didnt have have football as an option, only basketball and well I dont think im tall enough to make it. But football i mean im fast and ive got really good stamina so i gotta a chance. Wow its crazy really I think I never wanted something more than joining the college football team right now. I just hope that accutane will clear me to give me a self-confidence boost :)

Cheerz

Hey guys just wanted to show you how my skin looks right now.

http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1022910cd8.jpg

So as you can see I dont have a lot of active of my face but those redmarks i swear they dont wanna go away! The one next to my nose been there for ages now. I think the lights make my face look worst but you know if its like that on the picture it means that its really like that irl also. So im not gonna fool myself with better lights or mirrors because thats how I look. Its good to see yourself like you really are I think. I dunno if you guys can see an improvement from my first pictures but ye I guess its kinda hard to see but it looks better i think.

Wow your skin looks nice. I wish mine looked like that right now. ha ha

And don't worry about red marks, they go away in time.

Thx Rai im sure it will soon.

So my skin is still doing good. Still not breaking out and well its oretty good for now. Id have a good looking skin if I didnt have redmarks and dry skin but oh well for now its good. Im gonna see my derm in 5 days so I dunno if he will bump my dosage since im doing good for now. Id rather not i think because mebbe id start getting joint pain again and stuff but anyway i think i have like 2 months left so no big deal. Almost the end of month 3 already! shit that was fast

Day 85

Doing really good! Red marks are fading and its been a while since I had a new zit. I can eat what I want and do whatever I want wich is really cool. So I dont really have anything new to report for now :) bye

Glad to hear the red marks are starting to fade for u. I know they were working ur nerves for a while. Let's hope the ride gets better and better. Now go celebrate with a pizza or a mountain of ice cream =]

Glad to hear the red marks are starting to fade for u. I know they were working ur nerves for a while. Let's hope the ride gets better and better. Now go celebrate with a pizza or a mountain of ice cream =]

haha will do and thx for stopping by :)

Day 86

Skin still looks the same for now. Cant say its a bad thing, at least I didnt get new zits. Red marks look so red when I take pictures dunno why. But there you go I took one after shower with my hair all messed up .

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1022938dw0.jpg

cheers

Day 88

My blood was ok this month so my derm gave me pills for 2 months today. Still at 80mg/day since its working. My face is still doing good. No zits or pimples or w/e, just redmarks. Some eczema on my arms also but no big deal. So i wont see my derm next month wich is cool lol my next appointment will be in february, the 2nd i think.

Your skin is looking really good! I'm glad things are going well for you.

Thx! your skin looks really good 2!

Day 95

Hi guys, Im still doing good. Nothing much to report. Got a lil whitehead on my forehead and thats about it. Its probably gonna go away soon so I dont really care. I decided to take some pictures while I was doing the dushes lol. So there you go! I didnt use the flash on my kodak because most of the time it makes me look like 10x worst than i really am.

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1022951ft2.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1022948ft1.jpg

>< i feel a big zit growing on my forehead! I hope its gonna go away soon! Im almost at 100 days ! Maybe I should stop eating chocolate like crazy.. but its so gooood lol. Yea.. ive been eating chocolates, pizza, chips etc. Its really fun when you can eat w/e you want and not think about your face all the time. Well maybe I should think about it lol cuz im not done yet.

Have a headache. Dunno if its because of the accutane. Took some advils. Feeling better. Did anyone get a headache while they were on accutane? I think its one the side effect right?

Hey, Skin is doing good even thought I still have this big zit on my forehead. My skin feels really smooth right now but I still have a lot of red marks. I really hope that they will go away after accutane. Oh and I don use any moisturizer fo my face, should I? Would it help the healing? Still have a little headache but nothing to worry about. And for the people who used accutane before, Did they ( redmarks) go away after accutane, because for now the healing process is very very slow. Thx in advance if you answer me, since I don't even know if someone is reading my log.

cheers

Hey, Skin is doing good even thought I still have this big zit on my forehead. My skin feels really smooth right now but I still have a lot of red marks. I really hope that they will go away after accutane. Oh and I don use any moisturizer fo my face, should I? Would it help the healing? Still have a little headache but nothing to worry about. And for the people who used accutane before, Did they ( redmarks) go away after accutane, because for now the healing process is very very slow. Thx in advance if you answer me, since I don't even know if someone is reading my log.

cheers

Hi there,

I read your log with interest and I wanted to say that you have a lot of courage to keep going on Accutane. It was a tough journey but it looks like things are finally turning around and your skin is healing. With regards to the moisturizer, I would definitely use some. I have been using Cetaphil which is so mild but minimizes the flakes and must help with the healing. It's really cheap and you can find it in all the drugstores. (I'm CDN too:) Good luck with football try-outs and easy on the junk food if you want to be at your best. My doctor told me that Accutane is most effective when you eat a diet that is high in omegas and complex carbs. Some people's blood sugar can be affected by accutane so soda, white sugar etc can make you feel like shit. I'm not an expert, just passing on some info.

Take care....

cheers

Hi there,

I read your log with interest and I wanted to say that you have a lot of courage to keep going on Accutane. It was a tough journey but it looks like things are finally turning around and your skin is healing. With regards to the moisturizer, I would definitely use some. I have been using Cetaphil which is so mild but minimizes the flakes and must help with the healing. It's really cheap and you can find it in all the drugstores. (I'm CDN too:) Good luck with football try-outs and easy on the junk food if you want to be at your best. My doctor told me that Accutane is most effective when you eat a diet that is high in omegas and complex carbs. Some people's blood sugar can be affected by accutane so soda, white sugar etc can make you feel like shit. I'm not an expert, just passing on some info.

Take care....

Hey fellow canadian! Thx for reading my log and for the support that's very kind of you. Today I feel really good! The last zit I had was the big one on my forehead( that I still have) bu that's it! My face is really smooth right now and I just like to touch it because it feels really good lol. And I still have 1 month and a half left. Well I dont know if my derm will give me pills for another month at my next appointment but we'll see! Oh and I got myself a new moisturizer by Vicky. Its a really good brand here in Canada, but its perfumed so I dont know if its good or not for my skin but ill see after a few days I guess. Are you guys using perfumed moisturizer? And is it good for the skin or not? Anyway my skin isnt really dry but i feel better when I moisturize. Oh and the red marks still look the same i think maybe a little bit better but not much. The only thing im scared of now is when ill be done with accutane. I dont want acne anymore!! Its really fun when you can sleep on your face without having zits in the way. Anyway If I ever get acne again, ill just take accutane again. I couldnt ask more for christmas :) Oh and merry XMas to all of you reading my log!