Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesNoble

BRAND NEW THEORY...encompasses, genetics, diet, biology, etc... MUST READ

Here's what I was just thinking... will expand on this later.

During the times when my immune system was shot (exams, eating bad for long periods, bad diet, etc.) I had almost perfectly clear skin.

I remember last exam period, I went 2 weeks of high stress, low amounts of sleep, terrible diet etc.

AND I WAS CLEAR AFTERWARDS...

Then I thought... hmm... I just ate bad and had bad habits for 2 or 3 weeks... time to straighten up.

BOOM

Right away... THE ACNE ONSLAUGHT OF DOOM...

I think we have HYPER ADAPTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM RESPONSES...

This is just an early theory, and I want to gather more information.

But for me... most of my acne occurs in the RECOVERY PHASE...(ie... sleep, meditation, relaxing, etc.)

It's during these times the immune systems focus can move away from larger issues... and FOCUS IN ON THE FACE....

So I sort of think we have an immune system that is like a roller coaster ride...

It gets strong then weak, strong and weak etc.

It's during these strong periods that IT FUCKING OVERCOMPENSATES and finds excess sebum and is like "HEY SEBUM OIL... YOU AINT GONNA BREED HOST FOR BACTERIA... NOT ON MY FUCKING WATCH..." so it overreactes and creates a pimple to get rid of even slightly more sebum...

Also... these diets that BOOST THE IMMUNE system... a lot of us have tried them... and had some decent results after a few weeks.... this is because the immune system has reached some form of regularity...

But... even one slight thing that can weaken it... or draw it's focus to something else... let's say a cold virus infects you... you may not even feel the effects... because the immune system is working really hard to get rid of it... or you undersleep a few nights in a row...

The immune system is knocked down a little bit... it's taken a blow...

So after it's done ridding of the cold of disaster or recovering from the sleep deprivation of DOOM... IT COMES BACK IN FULL ACTION MODE... OVER COMPENSATING...

Like a prized fighter that looses the big match... or winning the bit match...afterwards he goes to the bar... and some yokel is mouthing him off... Normally he wouldn't attack him, he would just pass it off as mildly threatining... but he's in THE FIGHT MODE... and attacks... with FISTS OF FURY...

Does this make any sense to anyone?

What can we do to create a solid immune system with no ups and downs?

I think I'm onto something, let me know what you think.

Well, I know I never had a week immune system as I am never sick. Even with a bad diet. And my acne was constant. I never had a clear period until I changed my diet.

You might also look into the threads about how inflammation may be the root cause of just about everything, acne, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc. Not just a symptom/effect.

You may not know that your immune system was weak.

Perhap's you are never sick because your immune system works very hard to get rid of disease.

Just a thought.

When is the time most people develop a pimple?

I'd say 60% or upwards is over night... when our body is repairing itself... sometimes I've taken a nap of 30 minutes and woke up with fresh pimples in an area that was perectly clear before.

This might sound controversial.

But I think for a 4 week periods I am going to increase my sebum levels, insulin, GI etc... everything that is bad for acne...

While simultaneously taking immune system boosters....

AND...

Either conjuring an illness somehow, or doing stuff that would typically result in illness... like eating bad food, like raw meat, rotten milk, eggs, etc...

So the immune system can only focus on eliminating these things that are actually harmfull for the body instead of focusing in on my skin glands.

Maybe over time the immune system will not have a conditioned response to repair the process that leads to acne.

I wonder what would happen.

Here's what I was just thinking... will expand on this later.

During the times when my immune system was shot (exams, eating bad for long periods, bad diet, etc.) I had almost perfectly clear skin.

I remember last exam period, I went 2 weeks of high stress, low amounts of sleep, terrible diet etc.

AND I WAS CLEAR AFTERWARDS...

Then I thought... hmm... I just ate bad and had bad habits for 2 or 3 weeks... time to straighten up.

BOOM

Right away... THE ACNE ONSLAUGHT OF DOOM...

I think we have HYPER ADAPTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM RESPONSES...

This is just an early theory, and I want to gather more information.

But for me... most of my acne occurs in the RECOVERY PHASE...(ie... sleep, meditation, relaxing, etc.)

It's during these times the immune systems focus can move away from larger issues... and FOCUS IN ON THE FACE....

So I sort of think we have an immune system that is like a roller coaster ride...

It gets strong then weak, strong and weak etc.

It's during these strong periods that IT FUCKING OVERCOMPENSATES and finds excess sebum and is like "HEY SEBUM OIL... YOU AINT GONNA BREED HOST FOR BACTERIA... NOT ON MY FUCKING WATCH..." so it overreactes and creates a pimple to get rid of even slightly more sebum...

Also... these diets that BOOST THE IMMUNE system... a lot of us have tried them... and had some decent results after a few weeks.... this is because the immune system has reached some form of regularity...

But... even one slight thing that can weaken it... or draw it's focus to something else... let's say a cold virus infects you... you may not even feel the effects... because the immune system is working really hard to get rid of it... or you undersleep a few nights in a row...

The immune system is knocked down a little bit... it's taken a blow...

So after it's done ridding of the cold of disaster or recovering from the sleep deprivation of DOOM... IT COMES BACK IN FULL ACTION MODE... OVER COMPENSATING...

Like a prized fighter that looses the big match... or winning the bit match...afterwards he goes to the bar... and some yokel is mouthing him off... Normally he wouldn't attack him, he would just pass it off as mildly threatining... but he's in THE FIGHT MODE... and attacks... with FISTS OF FURY...

Does this make any sense to anyone?

What can we do to create a solid immune system with no ups and downs?

I think I'm onto something, let me know what you think.

This is exactly what happens to me!!!!!! I get stressed one week and then I'm fine the next week, but I break out like crazy the next week!! WTF?? I was SOO stressed about my dog because he was really sick and knowing that we were putting him down in a couple weeks made me crazy stess wise for two weeks. And then came the time we had to put him down and that day was really stressfull and bad.... and then BAMMMM!!! After it was all done I started breaking out like CRAZY... the kind of break out I havent had in years. Which made me stress even more. It's a bad cycle...... UGH.

I think you are on to something.

This might sound controversial.

But I think for a 4 week periods I am going to increase my sebum levels, insulin, GI etc... everything that is bad for acne...

While simultaneously taking immune system boosters....

AND...

Either conjuring an illness somehow, or doing stuff that would typically result in illness... like eating bad food, like raw meat, rotten milk, eggs, etc...

So the immune system can only focus on eliminating these things that are actually harmfull for the body instead of focusing in on my skin glands.

Maybe over time the immune system will not have a conditioned response to repair the process that leads to acne.

I wonder what would happen.

Maybe this is why people can eat shitty and have acne and still eat shitty but then their acne goes away.... or it could have something to do with hormones. Or maybe their bodies do develop some sort of weakened response to acne because it knows that there are worse things to fight off. Cause REALLY if our immune systems were REALLY bad maybe we wouldnt even have acne haha.... probably lots of other problems but not acne.

Yes man!

It's our immune system cycle I believe.

When it's up its WAAAAY UP.

When it's down... its REAAALLLY DOWN.

It causes over reactiviveness.

That's why these diets work for some people for a period of time.

The immune system is in a CONSTANT high on these diets.

I think acne is caused when the immune system is a constant flux.

Which could be cause from a variety of things, I'm going to research this.

I'm not saying it's the caue of all acne... but I think for a lot of people it COULD be.

But... all i know is that when I lived off fast food, energy drinks, and beer... my sking glowed... it was only when I started eating healthier and my immune system boosted up is when I got adult acne.

Alternativista, if you never get sick, because of your supposed good immune system , then good for you..That does not dispense the fact that abou 99% of people with acne do have an weaker immune system...or internall organs..that dont work properly..

just because you dont get a cold every once in a while, does not mean your immune system is up to par...because you arent running out to buy cold medicines ext...

Thats BS, for you are whomever to keep implying that people with acne immune systems arent a bit weaker then our counterparts ...if not then WHY DO WE HAVE TO EAT SO WELL, TO KEEP INFLAMMATION under control?

If our immune systems were normal or whatnot, then our inflammmation of our skin should be as well, and lord knows for those of us whom being followin g a strict diet, and are still breaking out..

I bet you dont take any supplements either eh?

If your immune system is soo healthy then you should not have to take any supplements, because you should be able to aquire all of your nutrients form the foods you eat..

Why do most people take probiotics, to give themselves the good bacteria ext.?

.because for some reason we arent producing enough flora , and we are producing TOO MUCH BAD BACTERIA....

Acne, is a sickness of the skin, and the organs of the skin...the pores of our skin, are the mouths of our skin, ...we eat something that we should not, then we get inflammmation..then the pores PUKE UP ACNE on our skin..

so acne is an immune system response...and just because you dont have an fever or an high temperature, does not mean your immune syystem is in all that great shape..

I dunno....I would rather a cold ,2 times a yr...for 3 days, then having acne waiting to come out at any giving time, forever....but thats just the logical inside of me talking(shrugs)

For those whom assume, that an weakend immune system, doe not cause inflammation

www.diagnose-me.com/cond/c47006.html

Weakend immune sytem does, indeed cause inflammation.

perhaps your mind really does create the acne, by you thinking about it.

you exams let you forget about it for a while, so it went away.

I couldnt agree more. The mind is extremely powerful and stressing about the food you are eating, and truly believing it will break you out can be just as powerful as actually eating a food you have an allergic sensitivity to.

Alternativista, if you never get sick, because of your supposed good immune system , then good for you..That does not dispense the fact that abou 99% of people with acne do have an weaker immune system...or internall organs..that dont work properly.....

Umm. I was replying to the OP's theory that a strong immune system is possibly the root cause. That's what this thread is about. My immune system seems to be strong so I replied to say so. I brought up inflammation as something to look into in support of the theory.

And I take probiotics because of the decade that I took the antibiotics prescribed by dermatologists.

For those whom assume, that an weakend immune system, doe not cause inflammation

www.diagnose-me.com/cond/c47006.html

Weakend immune sytem does, indeed cause inflammation.

Yeah.

I made a thread about it too afterwards.

My immune system couldn't give a shit about some excess sebum... it was in heightened response mode keeping me alive for exams.

I kid you not.

3 Days after exams... I was relaxing... not thinking of acne... Fresh batch of red devils.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=195931&hl=

this is all pretty interesting, I have a really really bad immune system, I get sick all the time especially if I don't get enough sleep, whether it is related to my acne or not is a mystery but I always had a feeling that my immune system has something to do with it...

ahh there are soo many trials and experiments to try, I might put this on my list

i totally agree...but its more like Once u start eating the junk/smoking/drinking/undersleeping ur body becomes used to it and shit

once u stop it all hits u...its just like an addiction....once u stop the drug the side effects of addiction hit u the hardest

its been 2 months now since ive stopped eating shitty, etc(while eating shitty,etc, i used to have really clear skin and then i started having a little hormonal acne) (i panicked and learned everythin to rid it including diet) once i stopped eating shitty and everything else to clear my face it ended up getting worse and worse.......after 2 motnhs it hasnt died down one bit.......ive only cheated a few times a week on junk foods and shit..IM A GUY..its impossible to eat healthy 24 7.

so it seems my body wants the toxins and im recieving bad skin as one side effect of the addiction rehab

how long will it take to get clear skin ffs

You keep saying "we"...maybe this is how your individual body works, but to me it makes little sense. I like people to keep in mind acne is a very broad problem and cant be isolated to one cause for all people.

Stress keeps coming up. Sounds like the major culprit to me...

i totally agree...but its more like Once u start eating the junk/smoking/drinking/undersleeping ur body becomes used to it and shit

once u stop it all hits u...its just like an addiction....once u stop the drug the side effects of addiction hit u the hardest

its been 2 months now since ive stopped eating shitty, etc(while eating shitty,etc, i used to have really clear skin and then i started having a little hormonal acne) (i panicked and learned everythin to rid it including diet) once i stopped eating shitty and everything else to clear my face it ended up getting worse and worse.......after 2 motnhs it hasnt died down one bit.......ive only cheated a few times a week on junk foods and shit..IM A GUY..its impossible to eat healthy 24 7.

so it seems my body wants the toxins and im recieving bad skin as one side effect of the addiction rehab

how long will it take to get clear skin ffs

after 2 motnhs it hasnt died down one bit.......ive only cheated a few timesa week on junk foods

OK Class....would you please raise your hands if you know the answer to this one?

(Seriously...IF what you avoid truly breaks you out...you do understand why nothing has changed...right?)

The problem with this theory is that it assumes creating a pimple is a defensive response against bacteria or excessive sebum. But it is not. A pimple is not created as a way to "encapsulate" bacteria or sebum but it is the result of obstruction and inflamation of the duct.

But your theory can be seen from a different angle.

In hygienism (detoxification, elimination) it is claimed that before you feel good you feel very bad.

In other words a condition starts as chronic and needs to become acute before being eliminated.

So during "detoxification" you might as well feel worse and look worse than before.

In hygienic therapeutic fasting it is never suggest to attempt a fast unless you have done at least two weeks of healthy eating, because otherwise the detoxification would be too strong and sometimes dangerous. And during the detoxification, no matter what, you feel worse before feeling better. You get a coated tongue, dark urine, terrible smells, strong headaches, swollen throat, bad complexion, oily hair but if you resist it will pay: the tongue will be as pink as ever, ache symptoms will have disappeared, complexion will be incredibly glowing, body will smell good, eyes will be clear and so on. Hygienist literature always refers of the skin as one of the strongest elimination organs and the first involved in detoxification.

Dr. Furhman has a theory according to which those who feel very bad if they delay a meal but feel good after eating have a body who uses whatever moment of metabolic rest to detoxify. Hence delaying a meal would trigger a profound cleansing that would cause annoying symptoms of detoxification and eating of course halts all of this by robbing energy used for the detoxification for the processing and digesting of food.

So it's clear to me that (within this model at least) when our immune system is stronger and our body can take a rest from other physiologic activity, a strong detoxification is triggered ... a detoxification that makes us feel terrible before we can enjoy the positive effects and that gets the skin involved in the detoxification process as one of the secondary organs of elimination.

Well for me, its the opposite. I get more acne if I am stressed, dont get enough sleep or eat lot of meat.

Time..Money and Patience..is the cure..

*Time ,to figure out why, and what the culprint/s are ..... and also to detox your body from the whatever...(lord knows?)..the offenders of our immune system..(be it allergens, sensativities,liver,kindney,blood toxins..ext)

*Money, because you have to PAY, for the tests, the cleanses, the erbs/herbs/the organic foods/fibers supplements,the probiotics, ext..

*Patience, to wait for the tests , for the doctors to come to the conclusions, for you to actually get better.. as far as symptoms..and look better.

TIME, PATIENCE AND MONEY IS THE CURE.

I should eat junks at age 20 below..

I am 21 now , eating healthy.. and still get acne.. prolly worse then before.

But i can live like this :) is normal.

I feel the pain those with LOTS of acne. ,

cause with 3-4 acne on my face i get angry

but you know I am going TO BE happy and not worry about acne :)

my sister eats junks and i get more then her...

I use proactiv... , i eat healthy.. etc

if this keeps on in a month or 2.. will start eating junks just in the weekend. >_<

actually eating healthy helped my back. but not my face. lol

I didnt fully read this but I think the first part your just explaining the 'Herxheimer Reaction'.