Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iracne

Do all cysts scar

Does every cyst that forms leave a scar or can some of them recover without leaving a mark. I dont have cystic acne but i do get the odd cyst maybe every couple months. I try not to interfere but even washing causes it to bleed.

For someone who is already scarred its a nightmare. anyone got any anecdotes

when i was in my early teens, the cysts would come and go, never scarring if i popped or not.

But now in my 20's allmost any i get leave some sort of an indentation.

Here's the thing too. If you leave a cyst and not touch it, as well as taking around a month to go down it will leave a large red mark.

So after a shower when the pores are at their biggest, i squeeze it carefully with tissue around my fingers. following with tea tree to prevent further infection.

Yea i found that when it bleeds just from washing it drains out, hopefully it will go down further, i can put a topical antibiotic on it to increase the anti-inflammatory effect

I think that some people are more prone to scarring than others. Make sure you do all you can to help the healing process, and do not pick, poke, touch it. Cysts tend to scar because of the depth of the infection, and how much tissue is affected.