Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Winnie66

Important to use sunscreen/SPF 30 - it helps with red marks

I read through makeupalley.com that it is very important to use sunscreen or SPF 30 if you have red acne marks and it helps future damage to skin.

I have been using DDF Organic Sunblock Spf 30 for almost a week now, and I do notice that my red marks are not that dark anymore and it is fading. I got it at the mall and name of the store is Sephora.

I didn't know my sister has been us ing sunscreen for the last few months now, and I would ask her how come her red marks fade much quicker than mine. Whenever he has a pimple here and there, it would fade in a week or so.

She has no idea why but I think it's the sunscreen that has helped her.

You guys can do a search at makeupalley for more info.

Hi Winnie

I guess it's not that sunscreens fade marks, but that the sun makes red marks worse. So suncreen is essential not just for that but for anyone who is doing exfoliation methods (vinegar, mandelic, TCA complex, lactic/glycolic peels etc.)

It's useful to get sunscreens with added antioxidants too or makeup with added sunscreen.

I use Jane Iredale pressed powder, has SPF15 included. If not using makeup, I'll use SPF15 sunscreen from www.cosmeticscop.com

Please bear in mind, that SPF relates to how long you can stay in the sun, it is not a better sunscreen. In the UK, we have very little sun so SPF 15 suits me well (and I already have pale brown skin anyway).

In the summer, the sun is at it's worst between 10am and 4pm - even with suncreen, it's worth avoiding too much exposure between these times.

The sun destroys collagen.

maya i have bought the Laura Mercier tintet moistrizer and it has 20spf aswell.. would this be enough or should i use another sunscreen b4 wearing the moistrizer?!

tnx

Pure... That's enough for the UK. Anyway, you have similar colouring to me, we already have some built in protection.

i live in Arizona, one of the worst places to be! Anyways, I am using Eucerin SPF 15 since the 30 made my brown skin white-looking whenever I had it on. But I really do want a noncomedegenic SPF 30 that doesn't make your face "pasty" looking. Anyone else have a good brand? Coppertone?

i live in Arizona, one of the worst places to be!  Anyways, I am using Eucerin SPF 15 since the 30 made my brown skin white-looking whenever I had it on.  But I really do want a noncomedegenic SPF 30 that doesn't make your face \"pasty\" looking.  Anyone else have a good brand?  Coppertone?

Ive been using MD Forte Evironmental protection cream SPF30.. And let me tell you.. I love this sunscreen.. Its spefically designed for skin that just had chemicals peels dont to it.. This Sunscreen is the greatest.. It makes my skin look good too..

Guest Tracy
i live in Arizona, one of the worst places to be!  Anyways, I am using Eucerin SPF 15 since the 30 made my brown skin white-looking whenever I had it on.  But I really do want a noncomedegenic SPF 30 that doesn't make your face \"pasty\" looking.  Anyone else have a good brand?  Coppertone?

Ive been using MD Forte Evironmental protection cream SPF30.. And let me tell you.. I love this sunscreen.. Its spefically designed for skin that just had chemicals peels dont to it.. This Sunscreen is the greatest.. It makes my skin look good too..

Hi Winnie

I guess it's not that sunscreens fade marks, but that the sun makes red marks worse. So suncreen is essential not just for that but for anyone who is doing exfoliation methods (vinegar, mandelic, TCA complex, lactic/glycolic peels etc.)

It's useful to get sunscreens with added antioxidants too or makeup with added sunscreen.

I use Jane Iredale pressed powder, has SPF15 included. If not using makeup, I'll use SPF15 sunscreen from www.cosmeticscop.com

Please bear in mind, that SPF relates to how long you can stay in the sun, it is not a better sunscreen. In the UK, we have very little sun so SPF 15 suits me well (and I already have pale brown skin anyway).

In the summer, the sun is at it's worst between 10am and 4pm - even with suncreen, it's worth avoiding too much exposure between these times.

The sun destroys collagen.

I wish i wore more SPF sunscreen, I might still be struggling with red marks after almost 2 YEARS!!!!!

I am using it now- EVERYONE SHOULD!

I would like a tan though, don't know what to do about that, I am so white (lol)

I would like a tan though, don't know what to do about that, I am so white (lol)

This is a question I've been wondering...

If I do wear a sunblock and tan does that mean the sunblock is not doing it's job? because if you tan, that means your skin has had exposure right - which could prolong red marks.. or do many people tan, even though they have applied sunblock?

My sunscreen is oil-free, hypoallergenic, and paba-free. Would you use this? It dont say anything about non comcogerdic or whatever.

It's got Oxybenzone, Phosphate, and Vitamin E. This should help the skin heal! biggrin.gif/

My sunscreen is oil-free, hypoallergenic, and paba-free.  Would you use this?  It dont say anything about non comcogerdic or whatever.

It's got Oxybenzone, Phosphate, and Vitamin E.  This should help the skin heal!  biggrin.gif/

Get a fake tan!