Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sad Face

Wierd red spot from an ex-cyst...

If I had just used common sense, this wouldn't have happened.

So, I had this freaking cyst right smack dab in the middle of my cheek about a month and a half ago. I panicked and tore it open (yes, I'm an idiot, I know) and just let it drain and scab over... well, where it used to be, there's smooth skin, but a red spot with oddly clean edges, right where the healing took place.

I have no idea why it's still there after this long or how long it's going to take to go away... but it's so irritiating... it's the first thing I see when I look in the mirror and it makes me want to hide under a blanket.

I've been moisturizing it and the rest of my face regularly since the "cyst incident", I've tried everything everyone has ever told me to get it to go away... I just can't seem to get it to leave... :(

Am I doomed to have a little red spot on my face for the rest of my life?

Edit: Crap, I should've posted this in the "Red Spots After Acne" section, huh? Sorry.

I have a ton of those on my chin, some from last year even. They suck, I know. Try using a moisturizer with AHA, it might help. I don't use it cause I have rosacea (don't want to irritate it more) but you might be able to use it.

I have a ton of those on my chin, some from last year even. They suck, I know. Try using a moisturizer with AHA, it might help. I don't use it cause I have rosacea (don't want to irritate it more) but you might be able to use it.
Are you sure we're both in the same predicament, though? Does yours look basically like there's a clean circle of redness underneath good skin? 'Cause that's what I've got.