Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic/TCA face peel for red marks/scars

Ok so my 50% glycolic acid arrived to today from a UK website, lookgr8.co.uk.

And Im going to perform a 4 minute face peel in a few minutes.

Im still waiting to recieve my 12.5% TCA peel.

user posted image

user posted image

carried out a 50% glycolic peel, for 5 minutes on face.

Skin stung quite a lot, and instantly turned white on the areas i applied the acid.

remained red and sore for about 5 hours after.

using a moisturiser after light cleansing, today there is no pain, and face is slightly pink/red

Almost 21 hours of my peel....skin doesn't irritate, but is still noticably dark pink.

no change in red marks but obviously the skin hasn't exfoliated yet.

areas on face a redder than before, can feel stiffness to the skin, so it might not be long before i begin shedding like a snake.

really hope its done something when it all peels off.

or else im going to bathe in the acid

just had a shower, now eating a carrot and drinking tea...but thats nor here nor there.

The red skin is tough and leathery feeling but doesn't seem to flake or budge...must have gone deeper than i tought.

the biggest of the red marks are visable still but hopefully they might peel away or its TCA's turn.

anyhoo just going to put some moisturiser on and hit the hay.

today my skin is the same red, the patches feel like stuck on sandpaper and can only be a matter of time until they start to flake.

my face has almost completely exfoliated the dead skin, a few flakes remain, the skin is a little pink.

The marks still remain but are considerbaly fainter.

One thing thats pissed me off is i got two small pimples popping up on my left cheek.

I'll take some pics later today.

Looking forward to doing the TCA peel on Sat.

well i used a 50% glycolic, but i still think the 12.5% TCA will be stronger as its an acid that penetrates down to the medium layer. Plus the more layers you apply it the more effective it will be.

But i won't know until after sat, when i use it.

will post some healed pics soon

of course i did it myself, im not going to pay a couple hundred when i can do it myself.

Especialy the TCA peel which i looked up to be around a couple of thousand per treatment.

It didn't hurt one bit, it stung a little when i first put it on...but a couple hours later i could have been slapped on the face and not felt a thing.

*Today things are going well all the flakes have come off and the skin is calming down a bit and returning to its normal tone.

Some questions:

1. Are you still using benzoyl peroxide/moisturizing?

2. What is the aim of this exercise?

Thanx.

Im taking 10g of B5 daily, as well as using quinoderm BP....keeps me very clear apart from one or two small spots.

don't moisturize right now as the skin is peeling and it just slows down the process, i will regain moisturising daily when my face is back to normal.

the point of the peels are to get rid off all the red marks and small indentations gathered up by a year or so of outbrakes.

On close inspection of my skin today i can safely say the marks have improved by at least 50%

But the more i seem to get closer to perfect looking skin the more i obsess about the smallest mark....

looking forward to getting my tca done, hopefully it will do justice and i may be able to join society again.

Ok here's the after glycolic peel photo's, i just took seconds ago.

The ice pick (black looking holes) have all gone, a lot of the faint marks have gone, the darker marks have been made lighter.

Im pleased with the result but its the TCA peel im doing tonight that is going to count.

user posted image

looks a little worse on pic than in real life due to flash, and the white areas are just where i have applied Tea Tree, gone a bit dry.

user posted image

enjoy.

i can definately see some improvement....they arent as red anymore but that whole region does look a little red....but improvement nonetheless......what is that first peel u used? i think i wanna try it.