Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For a male, if i just want to reduce the oiliness and redness on my face just a bit without any thing heavy or noticeable, will just a bit of powder on my nose and cheeks be okay? or do u have to apply concealer, foundation and all the other stuff 2? is powder alone safe?

I have moderate acne, blackheads, whiteheads, papules and maybe a few nodules.. i cant tell the difference. but its just blotchy, red skin tone.

any help suggested

you can use powder alone for shine control and it will calm a little bit of the redness ( a very little bit). Concealer works if you have spots to cover and foundation evens out the skin tone. It is not necessary to apply all three, I only use concealer and powder, sometimes when I need it more I'll use foundation and concealer on top, then powder.

a thin layer of milk of magnesia will get rid of the shinyness, and give your skin a slight soft focus as well. As long as your skin isn't too dark, it'll probably look more natural than powder.