Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justagrl

DKR for severe acne?

I started the DKR about 3 weeks ago and am seeing little if any improvement. After doing a lot of reading on these boards and elsewhere, I am starting to think my acne has started entering into the severe category. It seems to be more cystic in nature now and more persistent. Am I wasting my time with this regimen or have other people with severe acne had success with this regimen? I have not seen a doctor about my acne because I'm very leary of trying prescription drugs with tons of scary side affects and which may end up making my acne even worse. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should stick to trying this regimen for 2 or 3 months to see if it will work, or if I should just give up on it and go see a doctor about it.

Well, I think if your acne is severe, it would be better to visit your dermatologist. He wouldnt start you off with scary drugs like Accutane. He would start you off on an antibiotic.

If your acne is severe then the regimen will not be enough for you. My acne is rather mild and I'm still not totally clear after 10 weeks.

You may want to consider seeing a dermatologist and possibly inquire about Accutane. In my honest opinion - while the drug does have potential side effects - the positives far outweigh the negatives. Personally, I would jump at the chance to take Accutane (and my acne isn't bad at all). You're pretty much guaranteed clear skin.