Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annakarenina83

advice about which moisturiser I should use whilst on roaccutane

Hi guys!

haven't had the internet for a while because of moving but excited to be back on these boards. Anyway, so I'm still on 20mg on day off day and my skin is mildly dry. I know I should be moisturising but I'm terrified of putting anything on my skin that will clog and stretch my pores or give me pimples.

I started using 'cetaphil moisturising lotion' for dry sensitive skin. I'm just concerned because it has oil in it.

Also, what is the difference between the moiturising lotion for dry sensitive skin and the cream? Which one is less pore clogging or oily because id prefer that one.

I also have very sensitive skin. Has anyone had any good experiences with this moisturiser coming from the same skin type as me - oily/combination (oil t zone), sensitive skin

Also, any advice for cleansers while I am at it. I am currently using cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser (the blue label one) it seems good but I read somewhere on these boards that an ingredient in it is pore clogging so I'm worried about that now too

thanks!

I use a little bit of emu oil in the morning and at night I use emu oil, vitamin e oil, and aquaphor. It seems to be working really well for me.

Hi guys!

haven't had the internet for a while because of moving but excited to be back on these boards. Anyway, so I'm still on 20mg on day off day and my skin is mildly dry. I know I should be moisturising but I'm terrified of putting anything on my skin that will clog and stretch my pores or give me pimples.

I started using 'cetaphil moisturising lotion' for dry sensitive skin. I'm just concerned because it has oil in it.

Also, what is the difference between the moiturising lotion for dry sensitive skin and the cream? Which one is less pore clogging or oily because id prefer that one.

I also have very sensitive skin. Has anyone had any good experiences with this moisturiser coming from the same skin type as me - oily/combination (oil t zone), sensitive skin

Also, any advice for cleansers while I am at it. I am currently using cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser (the blue label one) it seems good but I read somewhere on these boards that an ingredient in it is pore clogging so I'm worried about that now too

thanks!

Cetaphil is a great moisturizer and it wont clog your pore. I have been using it for the past 3 months. The only bad thing that bothers me with this moisturizer is that, it is too greasy, other than that it is great. I have also use the cetaphil cleanser as well but dont reallly like it too much so I switch to Neutogena (dark/orange liquid) cleanser instead. Ever since I made the switch my face has been doing really good. BTW I am on my 6th week of accutane.

I'm not on roaccutane but I LOVE CeraVe Cream and CeraVe lotion. If you have really dry skin, the cream is probably better. It isn't greasy at all.

I'm not on roaccutane but I LOVE CeraVe Cream and CeraVe lotion. If you have really dry skin, the cream is probably better. It isn't greasy at all.

Cerave lotion is awesome. I tryed all kinds of different lotions and creams, and cerave worked best for me. Keeps your skin from flaking and its not greasy at all.

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin and love it. Gets rid of flakey skin but doesn't make me greasy.

Like you I have an oily T zone but sensitive skin.

I'm 1 week into Tane.