Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been getting some pimples recently above my lip below my nose area and sometimes on my lip. Is there anythign to help prevent this or anything to put on it? They say not to put medication there because of dryness. I usually dont breakout there, but recently I have been.

Same goes for just on the outside of my nose area by the cheeks.

Any help?

Thanks

Are you male? It could be folliculitis if you are, after shaving.

Other than that it could be dairy, dairy seems to be the trigger for acne around the mouth in many people.

When I get them, I just put regular acne medication on them. I don't care if it dries my lips out, I want that sucker gone, LOL! Don't pop it, that could just make it worse. Maybe some ice or pain killers to help with swelling and pain.

Do you shave? If so, that's probably the culprit.

Might want to try a different shaving gel or even use a soothing soap.

I had one on my upper lip for about 2 and a half weeks... finally went away. It kept getting dried out when I put BP on it... it really hurt when it first came up and was pretty much deep and ON my lip.

Medicate those basterds full blast! And DEFINATELY don't pick - it's such a sensitive area! (It took three weeks for a spot to heal that I'd picked in that area...owwww!)

Thanks for the replies, I am male and I think it is from shaving too. I use an automatic razor since I dont have much to shave there, but it is a decent amount that I have to clean up.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Also, what do I medicate them with. From past experiecnes, when I would put Retin-A on them, the it would make me break out around that area. So I can try Duac?

Also, they are not pimples that I could pop, and I wouldnt anyway. They are just annoying red pimples/bumps.

Well in my experience, using electric shavers always irritated my skin (not sure exactly why) so I switched to disposable regular razors and I also used soothing soaps made for sensitive skin as my shaving gel.

I'm not saying it'll work for you, but it did for me.

If you do decide to use regular razors, use down-strokes as much as possible when shaving. It's less likely to irritate.

Well in my experience, using electric shavers always irritated my skin (not sure exactly why) so I switched to disposable regular razors and I also used soothing soaps made for sensitive skin as my shaving gel.

If you do decide to use regular razors, use down-strokes as much as possible when shaving. It's less likely to irritate.

Thanks, anyone else with any experiences? Like I said, they are just like small red bumps, with maybe one inflamed one, but nothing with a head. Still are annoying tho...

Thanks, anyone else with any experiences? Like I said, they are just like small red bumps, with maybe one inflamed one, but nothing with a head. Still are annoying tho...

Anyone know?

Thanks for the replies, I am male and I think it is from shaving too. I use an automatic razor since I dont have much to shave there, but it is a decent amount that I have to clean up.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Also, what do I medicate them with. From past experiecnes, when I would put Retin-A on them, the it would make me break out around that area. So I can try Duac?

Also, they are not pimples that I could pop, and I wouldnt anyway. They are just annoying red pimples/bumps.

What can I use as shaving cream? What kind of soothing soaps?

Thanks

Hey I have taken the advice of switching razors, but I still get some pimples above my lip. Any other cure for it in case its not the shaving since I dont really shave every day?

Thanks...