Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a 13 year old girl who is suppossed to be having more fun than I am now.

I just went to a sleepover last night. We went swimming. I refused to get my face wet cause I was afraid my makeup would wash off and reveal all of the horrid red marks.

I swear I could be the happiest kid alive if it wasn't for acne. I would be the friend everyone would want.

I was a happy, confident, and outgoing person. I still am, when my makeup is perfect. I hate it. HATE IT.

I didn't wear makeup until 2 pm today. Thats amazing for me.

Sorry for the rant. Its kind of pointless. I just get depressed that I'm not as happy as I could be.

I just went to a sleepover last night. We went swimming. I refused to get my face wet cause I was afraid my makeup would wash off and reveal all of the horrid red marks.

I swear I could be the happiest kid alive if it wasn't for acne. I would be the friend everyone would want.

I was a happy, confident, and outgoing person. I still am, when my makeup is perfect. I hate it. HATE IT.

Sorry for the rant. Its kind of pointless. I just get depressed that I'm not as happy as I could be.

If you were a confident and outgoing person you can find a way to keep being confident even with a minor flaw such as acne...

dont be ashamed, its nothing to be ashamed of!

girl you have to understand that YOU are not your skin..

YOUR skin does not control your every move .. atleast it shouldn't.

All you need to do is figure out a routine that works for your skin, or see a derm.. start the routine and than forget about the worries and stress and just live your life. I know its hard!! I have battled acne for years and it comes and goes and I hate that sometimes I wont be as outgoing or talkative because im havin a breakout.. than I snap out of it.. WHO CARES?! People are going to like you for who you are, and if they dont like you because of some stupid acne than you didnt need them!! you just have to be happy that your alive.. that you have your family and friends .. that you have good health! hope this helps.

Guest kiwikali

yeah, acne is unimportant compared to what a great, happy person you could be. so if you ignore it, so will everyone else.

ugh whats with all these redundant replies stating the same thing. Sorry but I am really curious how many of you practice what you preach.

In fact Im pretty sure most of you dont. However I am not bashing you, I realize what youre trying to do for others as well as yourselves by being positive. But please stop giving advice that none of us really follow. If acne affects us it affects us. Yes some of you are strong enough to get over this issue, but its not the same for everyone.

Now on point, sorry youre going through a tough time, most of us are. Just try to get through the hardship and hopefully someday this experience will make you enjoy life that much more.

Thanks for the advice.

The problem is, I can't get over it.

I have a hard time seeing people with clear skin who dont worry to the extent us with acne do.

I want to be living my life. I get close to thinking my skin is clear and bam a breakout comes.

I've educated myself enough to know what I can do for my skin. Its hormonal. I can get rid of what I have but it isn't going to stop the fact that I'm still going to get pimples everywhere.

You're just gonna have to look in the mirror, do what you can, and then go and live life. You can get over it. I'm not saying that it's going to be easy. I know how it feels. I know you don't feel pretty or confident when you have a breakout, but you have to realize that it's only temporary. This isn't how you're doomed to live for the rest of your life. You can only be as happy as you let yourself be.

And as far as it being hormonal, that could quickly change if you're only 13. Please realize that while everyone else may have better luck in the skin area, it doesn't make you any less of a person to have skin problems. It may feel like you're the only one, but you're not.

P.S. Revlon colorstay concealor stays on when swimming. :]

Just know that the majority of teenagers around you face similar challenges brought on by acne. It's not just you.

The truth is, having acne sucks in all aspects, but the world won't stop; it'll keep on spinning, and you can choose to be left behind or not.

It really is harder than it sounds, but most of the people here who are giving such advice are people who are also facing the same problems that you are facing (or have already faced them).

I myself have realized that letting skin imperfections get in the way of me enjoying my life to its fullest hurts nobody else but me. Time doesn't flow backwards, and when you give up that chance to go see a movie with your friends because of that spot on your cheek, that time you decided to give up is never coming back.

So like everyone's saying, go out there and live your life.

acne clears up in the pool!

at least ur a girl who CAN where make up to be acne free at SOME point...think about us guys who cant do ANYTHING to cover up there acne or hide from it...the one time i put on makeup someone noticed and i was so embarrassed. Guys faces tend to be rougher so they cant put on make up well and seroiusly....acne is with me at all times cuz im a guy who cant where make up.

or at least doesnt kno how to put it on

Hey dont worry about it too much right now!

You are only 13, so you still have the chance that you will grow out of it right?I got acne around 13, and now Im 18. I didnt catch it in enough time to actually stop anything really, so its good to find something that works right away (I still havent found my magical cure.. hmph!)But Im still living my life, having fun and yeah I get worried some days about getting my face wet and what-not but in the end I .. dont care since Im with my friends and they already accept me for who I am.. and not just my outward appearance.

Just dont let acne control your life! You can be happy and still have acne. Just depends on your outlook :)

you know i though the same thing when i had severe acne, but now that 95% of my acne is gone, im neither happy nor outgoing

ur not happy b.c u forbid ur self to be happy. its not the acne its u caring about acne. life gets much better when u dont give a shit =)

I totally understand where you are coming from, I feel the exact same way. The thing that really ticks me off though is my face does completely clear up time to time, and those few days (usually a good 5 or 6 completely clear) I have a blast! Then a breakout occurs.

It really feels like I am two different people at times, and trust me, I become very angry, depressed, frustrated and sad when a bad breakout happens. Just roll with the punches I guess. I pray every single night though that one day I will wake and be clear, and stay clear, and the acne simply won't ever come back...

wow. Thanks for all the responses and advice! Its just so hard to live life when acne is getting in the way.

I'm going to be starting 8th grade in about a month so I'm hoping ill be clear or somewhat clear by then.

best of luck to everyone with their skincare journeys!