Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started taking 50 mg of Zinc Gluconate 2 days ago (in the morning, after breakfast). I'm wondering, for those of you who have had success using zinc, how long did it take before you start to see clearer skin?

On some of the product reviews of zinc people say "My skin was clearer after 3 days!" or "My skin was clearer overnight!". I have a difficult time believing this, but at the same time, it makes me worried that I have not seen improvement.

Of course I'll stick it out for a month or so, before I give up, but any advice would be appreciated!

(My acne is only on my chin -- hormonal I'm sure)

Gimme a break, you want to take a pill and be clear overnight?

Take it late at night, before going to bed.

Zinc is great for skin recovery. Read NdnRomeo's thread.

Good luck!

I wasn't expecting it to work overnight -- I know there are no magic bullets when it comes to acne. I'm just wondering how LONG it will take to start seeing a difference.

I started taking zinc and bfore that, I used to have red inflamed acne. now I still have acne but they're not red and they heal superfast. Zinc is amazing.

give it a week or 2, and even if you don't see any results, zinc is good for the immune system as well

there are certain forms that are better

I've heard zinc picolinate is the best form to take it Zinc in...is that right or did I get the wrong information?

well according to the pinned thread above,

There are many different forms of zinc; the two best-absorbed forms are ‘zinc monomethionine and chelated zinc glutonate

Day 5 of zinc... still getting as many white heads, but they appear to be healing faster. could be my imagination OR another product i am using! i have been trying to take 250 mg of Vitamin C and also 1 TBSP of Flaxseed Oil.

Well, it could be the zinc, or it could be just my monthly cycle -- or something else!-- but I have been on 50 mg of zinc gluconate for 11 days now, and I have no active acne! I have also supplemented with Flaxseed Oil (around 1tbsp/day and my skin is much softer)

Well, it could be the zinc, or it could be just my monthly cycle -- or something else!-- but I have been on 50 mg of zinc gluconate for 11 days now, and I have no active acne! I have also supplemented with Flaxseed Oil (around 1tbsp/day and my skin is much softer)

Same thing here! I usually get like 3 or 4 pustules per week, sometimes a big cyst as well, but I've been clear for the last 10 days, and my skin feels a lot better.

I only changed 2 things:

i) I started using a sunscreen for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago.

ii) I started taking 30mg chelated zinc gluconate per day. (sometimes I take 60mg).

Right now im taking chelated zinc, which on the bottle states its 50% zinc arginate, 25% zinc histidinate, and 25% zinc glycinate...Also each pill is 15mg and also has 2 mg's of copper..Is the fact that theirs copper in each pill going to effect the zinc??

Right now im taking chelated zinc, which on the bottle states its 50% zinc arginate, 25% zinc histidinate, and 25% zinc glycinate...Also each pill is 15mg and also has 2 mg's of copper..Is the fact that theirs copper in each pill going to effect the zinc??

High intake of zinc (>50mg) should be complemented with 2mg of copper as zinc depletes the copper in your body.

High intake of zinc (>50mg) should be complemented with 2mg of copper as zinc depletes the copper in your body.

yeah but my pills are 15/2, so for every 50 mg its about 7...could that be detrimental??

2 weeks of the zinc routine and I have zero active acne right now. STILL too early to tell it its the supplement or just my normal cycle. I think I'll wait until I get to my next period to decide for certain.

it's been about 5 days for me, the only thing i notice is that the healing seems to be going quick, BUT..i'm also taking a few other things that are probably helping as well. i'd give it a few weeks. i think the people that see dramatically fast results either may have a zinc deficiency that was a root of their acne..or are lying :)

for the past 4 days I've been takin 100 mg of zinc... just bcause I have blackheads I popped them up, I'm afraid that they will get severely inflamed then turn into painful zits... and yeah I'm overdosing... my mouth tastes like metal hahahahah

be careful on the whole "overdosing" thing Alex -- people on here have said that if you get too much Zinc it can just make problems worse! 50-75 mg seems to be a happy, effective medium for most.

bump!

I've been on Zinc 50 mg for almost 3 weeks, and I really feel as though it has made a difference. I went from having a few active pimples and a few redmarks to NO remarks today and only one (small!) active pimple. Not bad.

Of course the next 3 weeks will really be interesting because I go through ovulation and my period!

they say 100 is fine but you may get sick [puking] if you take too much or without a meal.

i've read it could take 12 weeks.

Do you take it with a meal, as in when your eating your food, slip it in when you've chewed your food and are about to swallow it, or just after you've eaten?

Also, i've got acne on my chin, think its to do with puberty/hormonal acne, would zinc be a good option for me to use?