Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rob1875

how come on most other sites

it says the best time to moisterize is while ur face is still damp.but what ive read on this site by alot of ppl is only apply it when ur face is completly dry.

anyone got any answers.

The reason a lot of people advocate moisturizing while the skin is still damp is to trap the moisture in the skin. The oil in moisturizer creates a barrier which prevents moisture from evaporating from the skin. I mean, what's the point of letting your skin dry out before you slather artificial moisture on? It makes more sense to maintain the moisture that's already there, right?

However, when you're on The Regimen, you want to give the benzoyl peroxide a chance to fully absorb into your skin before you moisturize, so that's why, in this case, you'd wait.

i only use the BP in the morning so i think im gunna just try this on the night after cleansing.

two good points tho!

The reason a lot of people advocate moisturizing while the skin is still damp is to trap the moisture in the skin. The oil in moisturizer creates a barrier which prevents moisture from evaporating from the skin. I mean, what's the point of letting your skin dry out before you slather artificial moisture on? It makes more sense to maintain the moisture that's already there, right?

However, when you're on The Regimen, you want to give the benzoyl peroxide a chance to fully absorb into your skin before you moisturize, so that's why, in this case, you'd wait.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. ;)