Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Faith,Belief,Logic, Emotion,and Healing.

This idea i am about to present is in a way, related to meditation, but in a sense, both fall under the category of faith.

As meditation is getting your self to release all thought and in this process you need to convince your self to let all your worries go, and that everything will still be ok, as this would be the state you would reach if everything was really absolutly ok, so you need to defy the logical part of your brain to achieve this, ignore all the reasons to hang on to these thoughts concerns and worries, so to achieve this you ignore logic and practice faith, which is baseing a belief on no reason at all, although you wouldnt want to always do this, you do know you have responsibilities, but the point is to be able to exert some control over your physiology and emotions and thats a great skill to have. In effect you are learning to control your physiology and be independant of your circumstances around you, keep your heart rate down while the physical wolrd gives real reasons to worry and panic.

This new idea is more encompassing of every and any belief that you can form to change your physiology to absolute excitment to calmness and to tap into an innner energy and Motivation. Lets say for any dream you have, do you believe that it is possible for you to achieve it?? I mean have you convinced yourselff 1000% that it is real and can be real??? this would be the new form of meditation i speak of, ignoring all the reasons why you cant achieve it(resisting logic) and convincing yourself that if you take action there is an absolutly real chance you could have it, or achieve it, not only goals though, any belief that can make you feel excited.

right now i think our physiology will react to any belief we have formed whether it is true to reality or whether it is fictional but the difference is that we believe in it. This in itself becomes its own sort of logic, for if it isnt a reality yet, how or why would you ever believe in its possibility??? but to get yourself to achieve it, you must act as if it were really going to be possible, because belief is at the heart of all action, belief IS an emotion of absolute certainty and if you always rely on strict traditional logic, you wont believe until you can really see it, and fall sort on the motivational part your actions may be half assed, im not saying this is mind over matter but mind over physiology to control your physiology to act.

I was exploring this idea abit because ive been always curious as to whether or not emotion and health were connected, and i wasnt alone on this suspicion i came across this website http://www.somats.com/index.html And it explains a similar idea about emotion and healing, my version is a bit different but very much the same idea that emotion is a sensing of biological state change in the body, although with the concept of meditation you can exert some control over this process.

this is from the website link above:

Survival Brain System a functional aspect only of the central nervous system, totally independent of physical location or constituents. Its function is to promote survival; it is rapid but often imprecise. Depending on one's orientation, SBS can also be conceptualized as a synonym for the non-conscious aspects of the brain: soul, psyche, instincts, unconscious, primary process, conditioned reflex, and so on.

this survival brain system i suspect is kind of what emotion is based on, your body will react to facts presented to it, not only something preceived directly by sight, but a fact derived through logic in your own brain. This survival system will react to any belief you throw at it and control your emotion, if you truly belief there is no hope, your body responds in a certain way although the reason why you believe there is no hope is all up to your choosing, either you have a very valid logical reason or just no reason at all, either way you form the belief and this system doesnt really care, its going to respond and you will become depressed or stressed or depending on what topic there is no hope for, you may not really feel very much emotion at all. If the topic isnt related to your suvival. Or the same thing about believing in something that is good for your survival, you become excited, ecstatic and there is something that changed your whole physiology in an instant and you are jumping with joy, the reasons why you believe it are not important, whats important is that you believe it.

A belief is also a self fullfilling prophecy in this way, if you decide it isnt possible, you will never act in a way that brings this idea to fruition, for example think of any modern day miracle gadget cell phone, tv, radio technology, at the heart of all these inventions was a suspension in the belief of what was possible or an absolute certainty, as you are ever rarely in a position to judge what is entirely possible, but within this belief in its possibility they were able to act in ways that facilitated its fruition. While believing never gaurantees it realization, it become necessary to facilitate is creation, the belief comes before it exists, so that it can have a chance to exist.

I dont have any links, but there have been studies that prove our brain and immune system are linked, it was upon this discovery that a new field of research known as psychoneuroimmunology was pursued and that is how our immune system is linked to our brain, whether you were aware of it or not the inflammatory response is a function of our immune system to fight off something in our body and we all know acnes relationship to inflammation, perhaps not all the fine details but at this point im only concerned with presenting this idea in its most basic form, it is merely a general hypothesis based on some observations. I dont know exactly how to apply all of this, perhaps all you will get is an immune sytem boost, but also perhaps that is all youll need, if you think this sounds crazy, think about the success rate of accutane and impending risks associated with it, obviously its kind of a crazy idea in and of itself, so why not this be another variable to your arsenal of health to be aware of. What do you believe why do you believe it and is there any reason to believe other then the usual logical reasons you require for belief??? and what are the implications on your physiology, is it healthy to go on believing that you will never get better that there is no solution?? or any other belief about your life or yourself that is not in your favor. even traditional medicine is constructed on knowledge of the placebo effect, and the placebo effect is fairly strong, have you ever miraculousy cleared up before the derm appointment??? so i guess what may become of all this is a concious awareness of the relationship of what you believe and the corresponding effects it can have on your physiology.

Remember im not saying this is a cure for acne, but something that may be very real that we should become concious of as to strengthen our immune systems and perhaps improve our own motivation to achieve something, its kind of like positive thinking but i really do not want to call it that, as it tends to ignore reality, i really dont know what you would call this.

here are some links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosomatic_illness

This idea has a very long history and in the capitalistic society in which we live in, i could see the benefit of it being buried by the pharma industry, although that may not be the case.

http://science-education.nih.gov/home2.nsf...5256CCD0070E65A

this one is really long from National library of medicine

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/emotions/about.html

I dont have any links, but there have been studies that prove our brain and immune system are linked

There really shouldnt need to be any studies. Our whole body is interconnected...are there people that think certain parts of the body operate independently of the brain???? That would be ridiculous.

Like you said its not a cure, but it is absolutely essential to success and I am 100% sure of this. I just responded to someones thread where they talked about how they broke their strict diet and now there worried about breaking out. This used to happen to me and I believe happens to a large majority of people who try diet changes. Heres why you will fail at dietary changes if you do not also make mental changes: These diets usually are pretty drastic changes and therefore put stress on the body because of craving & such that have to be denied. That causes stress. Stress causes breakouts and makes your body weak and unhealthy. You will fuck up at some point, if not many times and eat something "bad". Now you will stress and become anxious about breaking out, you will visualize it(and thus make it reality) and you feel negative, depressed, and down on yourself for giving in...ALL of that just causes more breakouts.

Acne needs to be completely eliminated from your thoughts/perception/reality altogether before you try anything else. In fact you will probably see enormous improvement just from the mental changes. You need to have a mentality where you completely leave acne behind and forget about it and focus on becoming new. You need to forget about looking at yourself in the mirror all the time and when you do you need to stop looking at the zits. You need to only view and visualize yourself as clear.

These diets usually are pretty drastic changes and therefore put stress on the body because of craving & such that have to be denied. That causes stress. Stress causes breakouts and makes your body weak and unhealthy. You will fuck up at some point, if not many times and eat something "bad". Now you will stress and become anxious about breaking out, you will visualize it(and thus make it reality) and you feel negative, depressed, and down on yourself for giving in...ALL of that just causes more breakouts.

yep i used to do the same exact thing believing anything and everything would or could break me out for little reason other then someone said it would, this could have affected its severity or even cause!!!yet the breakouts may have only been fueled by my anxiety and fucked up belief systems had on my hormone fluctuation from stress and over a period of time, perhaps depression affecting my immune system.

Acne needs to be completely eliminated from your thoughts/perception/reality altogether before you try anything else. In fact you will probably see enormous improvement just from the mental changes. You need to have a mentality where you completely leave acne behind and forget about it and focus on becoming new. You need to forget about looking at yourself in the mirror all the time and when you do you need to stop looking at the zits. You need to only view and visualize yourself as clear.

yes any belief in a positive exciting outcome could be enough to change the state of your physiology, you need to convince yourself you can and will get over this, not only will you become excited and change your state which will help your physiology and immune system. I think focusing on any exciting fact for yourself could have a good effect on your health, doing something you absolutly love, being with people you really like whatever send a clear signal to your body that life is still worth living, another event that comes to mind is when people are in old age and their partner dies, their health usually takes a down turn soon after, so you can see how anything that gives your life any meaning whatsoever can keep you healthy, or any belief or fact that is exciting to you can keep your health together, and the opposite is true, if you think you have to put up with bullshit and you stay in a stressful situation that you are not enjoying, it could wear on you.

whether or not this is going to cure acne its hard to say, but you will benefit from understanding how the body and mind are linked.

I would like to quickly add to the idea of the survival brain system, not only is it going to react to beliefs that you have formed conciously but also things and situations from your past conditioning, because if something looks similar to a past event that led to danger, your brain picks up on this stuff even though you are not fully concious of why or how its happening, and that is why emotions can seemingly come up from no where, thats because the information coming from the environment is now signaling danger to your survival and while not entirley logical, if it believes this, the emotions will surface no matter if its logical or not. Logic has the ability to override emotion, sometimes for good and sometimes for bad and sometimes the emotion is so ingrained in you that it may take along time before you can convince yourself its a fallacy and merely a memory of your past and the pasts imprint on your mind, these emotions never really ensuring perfect truth of what your mind has learned to expect, but as we cannot be sure of everything all the time, to protect yourself the brain overgeneralizes.

lets go to tibet so we can isolate our mind and body from this fucked up society

nahh can't leave my family

thanks for the info, that really supports what I believe!

lets go to tibet so we can isolate our mind and body from this fucked up society

nahh can't leave my family

thanks for the info, that really supports what I believe!

check out my other thread in the research section it may provide some solution for you, specifically on how to control your perception of your own environment without needing to escape it entirely, unless you are truly in danger, id say escape!! but usually its just our perception thats fucked.

You may be interested in the work of Mona Lisa Schultz, (MD, PhD) who researched a ton of similar info, along with Louise Hay's work & movie "You Can Heal Your Life." On the extended version of the movie there are interviews with both Hay and Schultz (among others) talking about the same things in this thread.

What gets me is that this info has been available for years, decades really at places like Harvard and yet it's not even talked about much in our society, but look how many drug commercials fill our airways. And how many Drs are in bed with the drug companies? Almost all IMHO! :wall::evil::rolleyes::crazy2::shrug:

Yeah it pisses me off! Anyway if someone wants more info on those authors I'd suggest Google or www.hayhouse.com I hope everyone finds their answers!

You may be interested in the work of Mona Lisa Schultz, (MD, PhD) who researched a ton of similar info, along with Louise Hay's work & movie "You Can Heal Your Life." On the extended version of the movie there are interviews with both Hay and Schultz (among others) talking about the same things in this thread.

What gets me is that this info has been available for years, decades really at places like Harvard and yet it's not even talked about much in our society, but look how many drug commercials fill our airways. And how many Drs are in bed with the drug companies? Almost all IMHO! :wall::evil::rolleyes::crazy2::shrug:

Yeah it pisses me off! Anyway if someone wants more info on those authors I'd suggest Google or www.hayhouse.com I hope everyone finds their answers!

Cool Thanks!!!

One thing ive taken to heart for the last say 3 years or so, when lies are more profitable, the truth will be buried more often, and the cost of living isnt on a downward trend.