Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Natural Anti-Inflammatories

Does anyone know what herbs or vitamins would reduce inflammation as Ibuprofen and Aspirin do?

A few good ones are Curcumin, boswellia and resveratrol. Curcumin and resveratrol combined is supposed to have a syngergetic effect.

Does anyone know what herbs or vitamins would reduce inflammation as Ibuprofen and Aspirin do?

Turmeric (in capsule)

Ginger

Sunflower seeds

Have you tried eliminating gluten (which causes inflammation in sensitive people) and dairy?

Are you eating meat? Stick with lean meats (chicken and fish) or eliminate all together.

Leafy green veggies are great for everything.

Raw garlic is awesome and it also has natural anti-microbial properties, good for controlling pathogenic organisms. Get a garlic press and mix it up with guacamole, and fish or egg salad.

Thank you all for the help. It really does mean a lot. :) My body gets sore from time to time and I really wanted to use something natural so I can get better results. Again thanks, I'll be getting everything as soon as I can.

Turmeric (in capsule)

Ginger

Sunflower seeds

Have you tried eliminating gluten (which causes inflammation in sensitive people) and dairy?

Are you eating meat? Stick with lean meats (chicken and fish) or eliminate all together.

Sunflower seeds are bad on my skin!!!

Turmeric (in capsule)

Ginger

Sunflower seeds

Sunflower seeds are bad on my skin!!!

make sure to buy the organic sunflower seeds

only Ingredient is Organic Sunflowers.

:) the one u buy prolly has Oils.. or something.. for taste

you could also try MSM, good for many different things related to the human body...Read up on it

i take turmeric and ginger root capsules for that. i've read that simple vitamins like e and c have the same anti-inflammatory properties too

Almost all herbs and spices plus the flavanoids in fruits and veggies. Any edible plant that is colorful and/or has a strong flavor. And of course, the vitamins from the fruits and veggies. Especially C. Anything that is an anti-oxident is anti-inflammatory.

Fish oil/Cod liver(vit A&D) oil and borage oil.

Here is exactly why they are anti inflammatory.

fish oil contains dha and epa, Borage oil contains GLA which are used to make anti inflammatory eicosanoids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:EFA_to_Eicosanoids.svg

There are others as well mentioned above But these are definitly the big dogs. I do not know exactly how or even if resveratrol or curcumin may be anti inflammatory, but i do know they are potent antioxidants. Other antioxidants are melatonin, nac, Alpha lipoic acid, and coq10.

Also, positive emotions within all your relationships is very important to your health this is all being studied to be confirmed scientifically which is going to take a while but many suspect from their own observations and i feel the same to be true analyze your social environment and the emotions and feelings that arise from these interactions, if you arent paying too much attention to this and its real bad it could be affecting your health but im really starting to suspect healthy socialization and emotions to be the key to all health and avoiding stress in life. This is a concern for psychonueroimmunology, or the fact that your brain is somehow connected to your immune system, so your emotions are a condition or your brain and also your body and also related to immune function, inflammation is an immunity response so there is some logical link. So go out with your good friends or get good positive friends and go out laugh have a good time as an investment to your health, and hopefully boost your immune system.

Try Pine Bark Extract from Masquelier's,if fish oil, borage oil, raw garlic doesn't work for u.