Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oblite101

accutane headaches...how freaked should I be?

hey everyone this is my first post! :) okay so I started taking accutane yesterday. I took a 5mg 2xday for a total of 10 mg. I haven't taken accutane before so I'm trying a low dose first. Okay so I woke up this morning with a headache, and then I had some food and seem a little better but I'm wondering how freaked out I should be about this headache. The other thing I wanted to know is why accutane causes headaches.

-me

hey everyone this is my first post! :) okay so I started taking accutane yesterday. I took a 5mg 2xday for a total of 10 mg. I haven't taken accutane before so I'm trying a low dose first. Okay so I woke up this morning with a headache, and then I had some food and seem a little better but I'm wondering how freaked out I should be about this headache. The other thing I wanted to know is why accutane causes headaches.

-me

Accutane causes headaches because there is extra intracranial pressure inside of your head ( basically just extra pressure in your head ) You should not worry, FOR NOW. Although, if your headaches consistently come back and they do not go away with advil you should be concerned and call you doctor. I know from experience, and had to stop accutane half way through my course because of this.

good luck