Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Pineapple Juice

Has anyone ever made this before and it has helped there acne? I read on one site someone had success with it. Just wondering if anyone here has at all.

I don't know about how it affects the skin; but home-squeezed organic pineapple juice mixed with a cup of mineral water = mmmmm.

I just tried blending some cucumbers as juicing takes to much time and leaves so much washing up. Would blending them have the same effects? Mine doesnt seem to bad except there is a fair bit of froth.

Random bump

Ok i recently saw an episode of QI and on this episode there was a part which said that people who pick pineapples or are involved with working with pineapple juice have no fingerprints anymore because the pineapple just has eaten away at their skin.

So i looked on the searchy thing on this site and wondered if anyone has used pineapple juice on their face and found this thread. I just wanted to know if anyone has used it topically. I myself am trying the caveman regimen, but it would be good to know if it works because surely if it exfoliates the skin on the fingers than it surely must do on the face as well....

Pineapple juice contains bromelain - an enzyme that digests protein. It is used internally for people who have trouble digesting proteins.

I have tried the juice on my skin - yes it does exfoliate. It HAS to be fresh pineapple juice - not canned. No more than 10 minutes the first time, follow with a mild cleanser and washcloth (gently!) to remove the skin it has loosened.

You can mix with a few drops of honey to keep it moist longer - it loses effect once it has dried. You can also add pureed strawberries for a lightening/brightening effect (due to naturally occuring xylitol).

I don't know about how it affects the skin; but home-squeezed organic pineapple juice mixed with a cup of mineral water = mmmmm.

that sounds so good!!!