Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clery123

Oratane Side Effects

Hi Guys

I just started Oratane the other day and have been reading up on it and am absolutely petrified now! Im on 10mg for ten days then going up to 20mg until I see my derm again-my skin really isnt bad but Im 24 now and have always got pimples on my face and nothing else has worked-Im just so afraid of having a major breakout and my skin getting worse! I dont know if I should rather stick to 10mg a day instead of upping the dose? Please guys I need some positive feedback on these drugs otherwise I think I'm gona be too scared to actually continue taking them

Hi Guys

I just started Oratane the other day and have been reading up on it and am absolutely petrified now! Im on 10mg for ten days then going up to 20mg until I see my derm again-my skin really isnt bad but Im 24 now and have always got pimples on my face and nothing else has worked-Im just so afraid of having a major breakout and my skin getting worse! I dont know if I should rather stick to 10mg a day instead of upping the dose? Please guys I need some positive feedback on these drugs otherwise I think I'm gona be too scared to actually continue taking them

What are you so afraid of? Your derm is monitoring your bloodwork and progress so if anything were to go wrong they'd just stop the medication. 10mg, even 20mg is a very low dose so even if you're super skinny you'll probably only have minor side effects. I'm almost one month in at 1mg per kg (I'm 97 lbs and taking 40mg) and the side effects really are not that bad. I'd suggest uping the dose and following what your derm says. Just eat healthy and take care of yourself. It's not a fun drug to take, and yeah the side effects are a pain but the results are worth it.

This is my second course of Accutane. I first took it 5 years ago and am perfectly healthy. Both my dad and uncle took Accutane at high doses 27 years ago and are perfectly healthy as well.