Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skze

Altered ACNE Regimen

Let me start off by saying I am not sure how severe my acne is but if I had to describe it, I would say medium severity. If it helps, I can get pictures of my face up.

Anyway, I went to the doctor for my acne and they prescribed to me Tretinoin Cream, USP 0.1% and Erythrocin 500 MG pills. This was after doing a few months on and off of Minocycline, which did not help much (that's why I got the cream and the pills). Having read the ACNE.org regimen, I feel that it would be best for me to use the pills along side the regimen in addition to substituting the BP for the Tretinoin cream. I think this decision is best for two reasons. First, Tretinoin cream seems to be a more powerful agent. Second, I tried Proactive I noticed the creams have BP in them. Proactive did not work especially well for me. So all in all, would the changes I make to the acne.org regimen be beneficial or should I just do the original regimen first?

Thanks for the help. Please ask any questions if you need clarification on some part of my post.

EDIT:

Just to clarify, with my own planned regimen, this is what a typical day would look like:

Morning

Wash face with a cleanser

(I just realized I should add BP here)

Apply moisturizer

Night time (before sleeping)

Wash face with a cleanser

Apply Tretinoin

Note that once at night and once in the morning, I will be taking the Erythrocin pills.

Acne. org doesn't recommend mixing the BP regimen with prescription meds without a doctor's ok. So I would run your plan by your doctor or derm first (maybe you could email them??), make sure it's safe. :)