Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vpm

High Frequency Treatment

I had a facial and the esthetician used a high frequency device to kill acne on my jaw line.

She said it was something that had been around for a long time and was sort of like a more powerful form of what the Zeno does - super heat and kill the bacteria under the skin or something.

It seemed to work and so I am getting a high frequency device. I would love to know if this works for any of you.

Do you have a high frequency device? If so, how does it work for you?

I will let you know if it works for me. I have the Zeno and I think it is okay, but not great.

Oh yes!! :dance: And I loved it and I think that it really works, if it's the same as the one that had been used on me. (does it look like a glass wand with the tip being kind of round?)

I use to have them done all the time until I moved to another city and I have yet to of found anyone else that uses one. ( the woman that did my facials was an old european lady and looked really great, young, smooth tight skin and abosolutely no face lift...all natural for her) she told me that it's great for tightening skin too. It really worked wonders on zapping away blemishes!!!

I miss those tx!

Yes, it had a flattened round glass tip and lit up orange inside and made a crackle sound when she used it.

I ordered one to use at home, it should arrive next week.

It looks just the same and seems to be a pretty nice one (it wasn't cheap).

I am hoping it will work for me to use it regularly.

I ordered mine from www.jellenproducts.com for almost $200.

I found an online coupon for them for a 10% discount, so that helped a little.

I will keep you posted on how it works once I get it and get to use it for a week or so.

Anyone else tried this?

Yes, it had a flattened round glass tip and lit up orange inside and made a crackle sound when she used it.

I ordered one to use at home, it should arrive next week.

It looks just the same and seems to be a pretty nice one (it wasn't cheap).

I am hoping it will work for me to use it regularly.

I ordered mine from www.jellenproducts.com for almost $200.

I found an online coupon for them for a 10% discount, so that helped a little.

I will keep you posted on how it works once I get it and get to use it for a week or so.

Anyone else tried this?

I think that I would like to order one myself some time in the very near future!

yes, I remember the crackling noise!

Hey CreamSoda,

I got it this morning and just used it - AWESOME!

I had 2 cysts (medium for me, but some might call them small), really red but not the kind that hurt and throb. They look smaller already (about 20 minutes post treatment).

I used it on a super low setting for a few minutes all over then targeted the breakouts with the smaller tip, still on low.

At first it made me look a bit pale, then a tiny bit pink - flushed.

The instructions say you may get pink after due to increased circulation.

I am so excited, I have high hopes.

Do you think I can spot treat breakouts with it 2x a day?

I will keep you posted.

Hey CreamSoda,

I got it this morning and just used it - AWESOME!

I had 2 cysts (medium for me, but some might call them small), really red but not the kind that hurt and throb. They look smaller already (about 20 minutes post treatment).

I used it on a super low setting for a few minutes all over then targeted the breakouts with the smaller tip, still on low.

At first it made me look a bit pale, then a tiny bit pink - flushed.

The instructions say you may get pink after due to increased circulation.

I am so excited, I have high hopes.

Do you think I can spot treat breakouts with it 2x a day?

I will keep you posted.

How exciting! The high frequency is suppose to be good for scars and keeping the skin looking young (the woman that use to do my face was older and did not look it and by no means was it through cosmetic surgery, she says that it's from her using the high frequency..she had such beautiful skin!)

Anyways, I don't know if you can do it twice a day, I guess if you went on a low setting....see what happens! Oh I'd love to get one!!

I think it helps, but I wish my progress were faster.

It gets rid of small breakouts in a day or two. I have a cyst on my jaw that I have been zapping and it is shrinking, much better than normal. It has been a a few days and it is still there, so HF isn't a miracle, but so far so good. It could be that I am not an expert too; maybe I will discover more effective ways to use it.

I don't know about the PIH yet, I haven't had the HF machine long enough to tell if it is helping with my discolorations.

I think it helps, but I wish my progress were faster.

It gets rid of small breakouts in a day or two. I have a cyst on my jaw that I have been zapping and it is shrinking, much better than normal. It has been a a few days and it is still there, so HF isn't a miracle, but so far so good. It could be that I am not an expert too; maybe I will discover more effective ways to use it.

I don't know about the PIH yet, I haven't had the HF machine long enough to tell if it is helping with my discolorations.

What's PIH?

I think that you should give it time.

Maybe you are right,about not being experienced, but I wouldn't give up!

Keep trying and keep me updated!

What about Dermawand? Its a high frequency device as well. And also u see and feel it zapping against ur skin!

I had a facial and the esthetician used a high frequency device to kill acne on my jaw line.

She said it was something that had been around for a long time and was sort of like a more powerful form of what the Zeno does - super heat and kill the bacteria under the skin or something.

It seemed to work and so I am getting a high frequency device. I would love to know if this works for any of you.

I will let you know if it works for me. I have the Zeno and I think it is okay, but not great.

:D Hi, I am new to this. Found your posting from yahoo. I just purchased a high frequency machine for my acne. My estetician was using one on me for month s& it works well so decided to get one myself. i am very intimidated by it! it's from massage tools, it's an ikonna machine, was around $200, a professional one. how do you use yours? i'm a bit scared to use it. does it work well for you? are you supposed to use them on yourself? just curious - yes, i should have asked these things first. just don't know if i should return it.

thank you very much!

:D Hi, I am new to this. Found your posting from yahoo. I just purchased a high frequency machine for my acne. My estetician was using one on me for month s& it works well so decided to get one myself. i am very intimidated by it! it's from massage tools, it's an ikonna machine, was around $200, a professional one. how do you use yours? i'm a bit scared to use it. does it work well for you? are you supposed to use them on yourself? just curious - yes, i should have asked these things first. just don't know if i should return it.

thank you very much!