Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oOo

Meeting Friends You Haven't Seen In A While

So I've been avoiding one of my friends for the last two years, because I'm afraid what she might think. She wasn't a very close friend, but nonetheless a friend that tried to keep contact with me throughout the last few years. Has anyone been in a situation like that? Did you end up meeting your long lost friend?

Guest kiwikali

yeah it's like what will they think of me now?

for me it's different, i had this really good friend when i had acne at its worst, and now that my face is clear, i just don't want to see her... i don't even know why because isn't it a good thing?

i had a very similar situation. this girl i lost touch with completely because of my acne, just didnt want to go anywhere,she got a bit fed up and we lost touch. i got back in contact with her two weeks ago and we did meet up again,things were as they always were,comfortable and talkative. if the person in question was close to your heart and you stopped seeing them due to acne,why not give it a go? letting acne ruin a friendship isnt a good thing to let happen

I find it easy to see my close friends who I see on a regular basis. I suppose that's because they are accustomed to my acne. I came back from a trip a few months ago and the first thing some of my friends said to me was "Woah." Now I don't know if that was because of my acne or it was a "Woah, you're back!" I have a feeling it was, because of my acne.

@kiwikali - I think I would probably be more willing to see my friends, but it depends on which friends. I have some friends, I know they mean the best, but they constantly comment on my skin and my acne when I'm around them. They are just trying to help, but I just don't want to hear it. So if I were to hang out with them with clear acne, they would be like, wow your face is really clear now. What did you do? What happened? etc.

I find it hard to see some friends I haven't seen in a while, because there are awkward moments. Friendships change over time. I've had some great friends and we lost communication / communication died down a lot over the years and when I bump into them in person, it's just awkward silences. I mean we use to be able to talk nonstop, but now its different.

I was pretty happy during my last school reunion, no matter the breakout I had on my forehead the day before it.

ALLof my friends were happy to see me and told me that I'm handsome, and yet they ignored my acne while seeing most of the positive aspects of my body.

Acne is enlarged ten to twenty times in your mind when you look at it (on your face).