Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello kind people-- I am currently on a regimen consisting of Benzaclin (AM) and Retin-A Micro 0.04% (PM). I also take fish oil & doxycycline and wash my face twice daily with Cetaphil. I am on week ~15. The results are modest at best.

I am writing because I am curious to see if anyone had experienced a noticeable improvement when going from 0.04% to 0.1% Retin-A gel. The clinical data suggests the 0.1% should be superior, but the side-effects profile is probably increased. Your feedback on this dilemma would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hey guys :) I'm still interested in your input for the 0.04% vs 0.1% dilemma. I was also seeking your input on another matter-- my dermatologist said that the Cetaphil that I apply nightly before 0.04% is preventing the medicine from being fully absorbed. Would you guys dare using the RAM 0.04 or 0.1% without any lotion? Thanks in advance!

i use ziana (tretinoin .025%) and you must apply it first before cetaphil. i apply my ziana and then wait 30 mins and apply my night moisturizer.

i use ziana (tretinoin .025%) and you must apply it first before cetaphil. i apply my ziana and then wait 30 mins and apply my night moisturizer.

Thanks for your reply Seabass. Has anyone else applied their retinoid (i.e. Retin-A) THEN their lotion afterwards, with success as Seabass has? When I first started RAM, I didn't use lotion. It broke me out bad, but days later, my skin was baby butt soft. I got tired of the peeling, redness, irritation and I decided to do Cetaphil then RAM. The undesirable effects are diminished, but my skin isn't clearing. I'd like more input on this matter-- do you guys apply lotion at all? If so-- before or after? And the unanswered question--- RAM 0.04% vs 0.1%? Thank you!

Ah, I had the same question when on the regimen before.

My doctors seem to point me in the direction of putting on the medication first, letting it absorb, and then applying a layer of lotion (about 10 minutes after).

But I do know on the Tazorac website (I know it's not Retin-A, but retinoids are pretty much retinoids, right?), for patients who are experiencing severe irritation and dryness, that they should try to put on moisturizer first.

So I think you should try out both ways maybe, and see which one works better for you.