Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i just started my second cycle of accutane. i got my meds today and it was 40mg once a day..

even though the side effects were horrible i agreed to same dosage as my first cycle.. but my first cycle was 40mg twice a day..

so im just wondering do ppl usually take one pill a day.. and was my first cycle just simply the equivalent of 80mg a day?? maybe thats why my side effects were so horrible.

but the question that kills me is.. why not just one pill of 80 mg a day?? im jus so curious.

this is fairly easy, heh, on your first cycle you took 2x 40 mg a day.. which is ofcourse 80 mg a day.

It really makes no difference: 1x 80 mb a day or 2x 40 mg a day.. the result would be exactly the same.

why not a 80 mg pill? well, i'd say having 40 mg pills is more convient cause you can cut down to half of the dosage more easily, else your stuck with 80 mg...

anyway, it makes no difference.

thanks. but im not sure if i'm supposed to be ok with just 40.. cuz well i guess apparently i took 80mg my first cycle, but going half that, seeing how i failed my first cycle dunno if 40's gonna cut it.. i'm worried.

is your acne "right now" worse or less than it was when you started your FIRST cycle?..

if its less -> 40 mg should be fine.

if its WORSE -> go for 60 mg.

well both 40 and 60 are less than previous 80.

thanks though but i think i'll just stick with the 40 for the first month and then choose between 40 or 60