Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am going a way soon and I need a good sunscreen for face and body (can be different ones) that will not cause breakouts. I am very fair and prone to sunburn so anything like 30 SPF and above is what I probably need. What do you guys use that doesn't break you out?

I am going a way soon and I need a good sunscreen for face and body (can be different ones) that will not cause breakouts. I am very fair and prone to sunburn so anything like 30 SPF and above is what I probably need. What do you guys use that doesn't break you out?

BUMP

The only thing that hasn't broken me out was a zinc oxide ointment. But I don't think you want to try that because it makes you look pale and feels gross on your skin. Now I just use hats and stuff.

I like Coppertone's line of oil free sunblocks.

They're light and don't break me out.

I bought some that's not oil free but it doesn't clog pores. I never break out from products anyways.

It moisturizes while it protects.

Try these on for size

http://www.coppertone.com/coppertone/produ...gp_50lotion.jsp

http://www.coppertone.com/coppertone/produ...of_45lotion.jsp

Both come in lower SPF formulas.

i will break out from oily, generic-brand sunscreen.

coppertone's oil free sunblock doesn't cause me to break out. i use it a lot and recommend trying it.

my dermatologist also recommended zinc oxide as an alternative.

FYI, the Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer SPF 30 isn't photostable, meaning it's UVA protection breaks down in the sun. Avobenzone needs to have another ingredient added to it in order to stabilize it. The Neutrogena Dry-Touch SPF 55 and above ARE stabilized.

I use the SPF 30 quite often for normal daily activity, but if I'm going to be out swimming all day or something, I use the SPF 55.

I've been using PreSun for sensitive skin spf 28. It's very white but it's the only sunscreen that doesn't sting my skin these days.

thanks, I was thinking of getting the dry touch for my body. I think I have used that before and I liked it. I was also thinking of getting neutrogena sensitive skin for my face. ive heard it was whiteish but idc, im so white anyway.

Also, for daily protection when I come home from vacation, what about Olay's lotion for sensitive skin or the eucerin daily protection with spf 30