Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rcr0412

Carley's Clear and Smooth

i have gotten rid of most of my acne from eliminating gluten but i still have some breakouts very small and i have seen a lot of people rave about carleys acne wash, i was wondering has anyone used it

https://samus.securehbs.com/~clearand/store...rt&Itemid=1

I've never tried it or heard of it but it contains a lot of clogging ingredients. Doesn't mean it will necessarily clog you. You should check out this site-http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acne_detective/article6.htm#inglist

They give rating on how clogging or irritating certain ingredients are. I've been eyeing Belli Acne Clearing Facial Wash(with lactic acid) for a long time. It looks really nice. You should also go to makeupalley.com The skincare board is awesome and they give good recs. There are also reviews on products you could look up.=)

lol maybe i will check it out, but being a guy i will make sure im in private, dont want people seeing me on makeupalley lol

=) we have tons of guys, don't worry. Oh you might not want to try that Belli wash then either. The line is marketed toward pregnant woman(hence the name "belli") but anyone can use it.

hmm, i have been using dr bronners, it has been a little drying and i dont know if has done anything to stop acne, i think i still need some kind of benzoyl peroxide until i can clear 100%, do you know any natural washes with bp

Hey rcr0412,

I've been using Carlys since last Nov. There's a thread going about this in one of the other forums. Only use once a day in the morning and let your fingers glide over your skin. I think people break out from using exfoliating treatments like this because they scrub the crap out of their skin.

It seems to work really well as part of my regimen. :) Doesn't ever really keep me 100% clear, but at this point I can tolerate a couple inflammed spots when I'm otherwise perfect.

I did notice that since I've been using it, I seem to have constant stubborn white bumps on my forehead. I stopped applying it to my forehead after I noticed this a month into it. Still always have a couple in that area though. Hate them!

Never clogged my pores and I would recommend it.

are the white bumps because of carly's or did you have them as bad before, i need something that has some bp in it because apparently im not 100% free of acne and i really don't want to cut any more carbs out

I had the white bumps before using Carlys, but they are better now. Once I started using it they seemed to get worse (probably from iritation), that's why I stopped applying it on my forehead.

I only have about 2 or 3 of the tiny things on my forehead right now, but they are annoying as hell!

hmm, i have been using dr bronners, it has been a little drying and i dont know if has done anything to stop acne, i think i still need some kind of benzoyl peroxide until i can clear 100%, do you know any natural washes with bp

Sorry no help there- I don't use BP because it's an oxidant and I hate most natural products. Dr Bronners wouldnt likely do anything for your acne, and its probably is drying and irritating because the PH isn't ideal for facial care.

rebecca that stuff you recommended seems to get great reviews, maybe i will give it a shot, and the carleys gives you full money back which is great, i may get that first

Carley's Soap is the best I've usedfor the 5.5 PH balanced i read that Cetaphil or Spectroderm is in that PH balanced zone... I don't think any soap or lye soap is in the PH balaced zone of 5 /neutral