Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mesmer

Large Bump - Not Healing?

Hey,

Last year, I had some rather severe cysts on my right cheek. They're gone now (after being on Dan's regimen for the past 10ish months) but they left bad scarring in the area, and also a rather large "bump" which I can't identify. The bump has been there for many months, and has shown no sign of healing - in fact, it might be getting larger (although that might just be my imagination). The bump is not red at all, but a black hue can be seen under the skin. It does not hurt, but is hard to the touch.

What is this bump, and how do I get rid of it? :(

Umm im not sure about the black hue but i think you have a nodule. I have a couple on my face and they take a while to heal. However, my real severe ones havnt healed much in the 5-6 months i had it. The only answer i have is VISIT A DERM. But for now you should avoid touching it or putting to much medicine on it.

Thanks for your reply! I was under the impression that nodules are painful, though? My bump doesn't hurt at all - it's just large and ugly.

I have the same problem. Actually came on the message bored to see if anyone could give me any answers. I now have two "black-hue" bumps on my face that used to be a cycst. I have searched the net, and still cannot find an answer. I now also have some "flesh" colored hard bumps that have been there for months (one for a year) that just wont go away.

If you come across any suggestions or answers....please let me know.

-pam

I've had that, I think. I just gave it time. 3-4 months since it turned black. The cysts were around a couple months before that. The skin was always cracking around it, but when I started moisturizer or Neosporin over it, it stopped the cracking and the resulting itchiness, and I think it healed a little better from then on.

Edit: It would probably be a good idea to see a doctor about it. I only didn't . . . because . . . it's complicated . . .

Thanks for your reply! I was under the impression that nodules are painful, though? My bump doesn't hurt at all - it's just large and ugly.

yah my nodules are not painfull at all...as long as u leave it alone. Mine are just large UGLY bumps on the side of my neck. Mine are reddish skin colored so im not sure about the black hue