Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dingo Jellybean

Scars on face vs. scars on rest of body

I noticed something. The other day I got a pretty good scrape on my hand that was probably a few milimeters deep. I was sure this would leave some indented scar on my hand.

Yet just a few days later the wound had pretty much healed, despite the fact that I did not put a bandage on it and washed my hands often (which leads to infection since you're washing off the scabs). There was no indentation, and I tried looking for one. I tried every angle possible with every light source yet the wound was healed. No evidence of scarring AT ALL.

Is there something about the face that causes scarring? Is it some evolutionary thing? I'm sure the body would want to protect the hands because it is constantly abused more than the face but still. Is it because massive oil production impedes the process? Or is the result of acne leaving some kind of DNA change that inhibits proper wound healing?

I've gotten several milimeter deep scars on my hands and legs yet everytime there is NO indentation. I much rather have my scars on my face be transferred to other areas of my body (like anyone here would).

I remember that there was this burn scar on my hand that would never go away (it stayed for years), but after some adequate nutrition it went away. Yet if this was a scar on the face, it would pretty much be permanent. When the burn scar healed it's like the body knew it was damaged and would only fix it if it had adequate materials. Yet it's like the body doesn't realize the damage on the face isn't fully fixed. What gives?

I noticed something. The other day I got a pretty good scrape on my hand that was probably a few milimeters deep. I was sure this would leave some indented scar on my hand.

Yet just a few days later the wound had pretty much healed, despite the fact that I did not put a bandage on it and washed my hands often (which leads to infection since you're washing off the scabs). There was no indentation, and I tried looking for one. I tried every angle possible with every light source yet the wound was healed. No evidence of scarring AT ALL.

Is there something about the face that causes scarring? Is it some evolutionary thing? I'm sure the body would want to protect the hands because it is constantly abused more than the face but still. Is it because massive oil production impedes the process? Or is the result of acne leaving some kind of DNA change that inhibits proper wound healing?

I've gotten several milimeter deep scars on my hands and legs yet everytime there is NO indentation. I much rather have my scars on my face be transferred to other areas of my body (like anyone here would).

I remember that there was this burn scar on my hand that would never go away (it stayed for years), but after some adequate nutrition it went away. Yet if this was a scar on the face, it would pretty much be permanent. When the burn scar healed it's like the body knew it was damaged and would only fix it if it had adequate materials. Yet it's like the body doesn't realize the damage on the face isn't fully fixed. What gives?

a scrape is a different type of wound acne is an inflamatory infection acne scars will essentially dissapear over time also to a degree depending on the severity of the scar and different variables in each person's natural healing response

like your burn scar if it was more severe it would still be on your hand

a scrape is a different type of wound acne is an inflamatory infection acne scars will essentially dissapear over time also to a degree depending on the severity of the scar and different variables in each person's natural healing response

like your burn scar if it was more severe it would still be on your hand

But I've gotten some big pimples on my arms and legs, but they never resulted in a scar. I'm talking about the cystic kind that leads to noticable scarring.