Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justagrl

What kind of sugar is bad?

I am trying to cut way back on the amount of sugar I eat to see if it helps my acne. I eat a lot of cookies, cakes, muffins, ice cream... you get the idea. I'm cutting all of those out of my diet. I'm wondering about sugar found naturally in fruit though. I drink Ocean Spray's 100% juice Cranberry juice that has no sugar added. They use grape juice to naturally sweeten it. On the label it says it has 35g of sugar which seems high, but since it's "natural" sugar, is it ok?

Sugar is still sugar, though in different forms (fructose, glucose, maltose, lactose, galactose, ect), but people who have acne and avoid sugar have limited significantly sugary fruits, and 35g is a ton in my opinion. Whenever you have sugar, it's best to have that after workouts. Never before (or at least not that much). Int hat case, you may want to consider taking a form of soluble fiber with the drink or beforehand.

Is it fine to eat 3 apples a day though?

i always eat apples , i just love it.

, also i eat 1 banana a day.. sometime 2 cause it taste so good.

>_<

>_<

Do you eat other sources of carbohydrates?

If you eat complex carbohydrates at each meal then you need to limit your fruit intake. But if your bloodsugar can handle carbohydrates, then I dont think thats your problem.

What about sugar substitutes like Splenda? I think I have seen Cranberry juice cocktail sweetened with Splenda or something rather than regular sugar. I think it's the grape juice in the 100% juice stuff that is bumping the sugar number to 35g. Bottom line is that I need the cranberry juice for other health reasons. :confused:

Sugar from fruit juice is especially bad, as it's essentially just the fruit with its fiber removed.

You should consider just eating cranberries.

It varies how strict you need to be. You just have to try it. I eat a lot of fruit. I drink some juices like the Ocean Spray but it's way watered down.

>_<

i personally found banana is somehow affecting my acne O_O

I used to love it too...ate 2 a day

but oh well...anything for good skin now