Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is a pic of my scarring. My face has been pretty clear for bout a week now. I am on Claravis. Any advice for these? When I tighten my face, they go away. Think mederma or anything will help these damn scars? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

post-70652-1214698393_thumb.jpg

post-70652-1214698393_thumb.jpg

Well I have those kinds of scars too, and I seriously doubt that any kind of topical is going to fix them. I am going to be having either needling (by a trained tattoo artist) or subcision in an attempt to improve the appearance.

Maybe you would want to look into that?

Don't all repy at once!!

You'd probably get more answers in the scar section. Isn't that a given? This is in the wrong section.

Don't all repy at once!!

You'd probably get more answers in the scar section. Isn't that a given? This is in the wrong section.

thanks armani. you are right. I put this in the wrong section. I added this post in the scarring section.

I have the pretty much the same type of scarring on both my cheeks. Sorry I can't offer help, but I'm interested to hear what other people have to say

These are boxcar and rolling scars. It look like you have a boxcar scar inside a rolling scar which what I have. Rolling scars look like the skin is just rolling in almost like it's natural. Boxcar look like scars. I believe the FAQ has pictures.

Subsicion is the only thing I've found that works for rolling scars. Boxcars are hard to get rid of. It all depends on money, pain tolerance, skin type, etc. You have to read to figure it out.

Some people have had success with chemical peels. I would have one or two done by a derm. and then purchase the peels and do them at home. The derm. would be able to recommend which peel would be best for your skin type. I order my peels at http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/. I use peels for fading my acne marks, however, I personally do not have scars.

I hope this helps.

Why are you so against subcision? Just wondering....It's supposed to be most effective for rolling scars.

Personally, I would rather do that than put a strong acid on my face, but that's just me

My scarring is pretty old and severe. Mederma didn't do a thing for it.

You could get a lot of improvement out of Restalyn, it works best for these

types of scars, as long as they are not bound down. If they disappear when

slightly streched they should do good with temp fillers.