Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was told by my dermatologist that foods don't add to acne.....althought i tend to strongly disagree. ive noticed 100 percent that when i eat or drink dairy products, i not only tend to get stomach aches, but i almost always break out with 3 or 4 pimples. greasy foods also cause breakouts, i at least think. i know many dermatologists would differ, but i really believe that certain foods cause problems. am i the only one that thinks this? ive done tons of experiments with certain foods, and ice cream is the worst for me.

My dermatologist says that too but they are wrong. I have the same exact problem. I do not digest dairy well and I always break out when I consume it. French fries and other greesy foods contribute to my breakouts too.

many years ago, before my course of accutane ..I could eat whatever I want except chocolate. A few bites of chocolate would equal several painful cysts a few days later without fail.

Derms are full of shit..think of it this way. They tell you diet and acne are not related, you eat whatever you crave. You break out..you need to see the derm again...they make big $$$. and so on and so on...:evil:

There is correlation between acne and diet - this is 101% sure no matter who and why tell you the opposite.

Healthy diet is essential for everybody..not only for those people with acne.

Ham, sausage and peanuts, peanut butter or any kind of nut, sunflower seeds and sunflower oil kills my skin on my neck to the point of it looking like I have chicken pox there! Elf

i really think it depends on the person.....some people have allergic reactions to certain foods, even though their doctor can't come up with proof that the person is actually allergic to the food. for whatever reason, getting older, my stomach cannot do well with dairy products. it was never like this before when i was younger, but maybe some chemical that theyr putting in the dairy is not agreeing with my stomach. whatever, i just now stay away from most dairy products. im not a big fan of milk anyway.....and ice cream i can live without.

i also noticed, when i was younger and in high school, i never ate fast food that much simply because i couldnt afford it, and my skin was always clear. now that im in college, and i have the money and never have the time, i tend to eat fast food ALOT. i think too much fast food can definitely cause acne. i agree, i def. think SOME dermatologists are in it for the money, and don't know half the time what they're talking about.

I've cut out dairy 100% from my diet, and I used to drink 6+ glasses of milk a day, and just eat large chunks of cheese.

I have noticed no difference what so ever in my acne from it, but I'm afraid that if I start again it's going to get worse =\