Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How often do you use the cleansing clothes? once a day or twice?

I've been using it once only at bedtime, but when i wash with regular cetaphil in the morning my face i oily by the afternoon, would it be okay if i washed with it morning and night? would that be too irritating on the skin?

yea youre supposed to use it morning and night. take one cloth and cut it in half, then use half in the morning and half at night. drop the cetaphil cleanser. dont use any soaps in the shower or anything.

also, if youre using a moisturizer, drop that too. ive been using these cloths for a year now, and just TODAY i realize that the moisturizer is causing my oiliness. i went without a moisturizer today and i barely had any oil (just a little on nose). the area around my mouth was a little tight for half and hour or so, but in that "clean" sort of way.

dont know how or why the moisturizers caused my oiliness, but they did, so i suggest you stop using any if you are.

plexion is a really great medicine. it will own your acne in a really short time. i remember i stopped using them for a bit and i started breaking out like crazy. to make it worse, i got called for an important interview that would take place in a week, so i turned back to trusty plexion. within a week, my acne was 90% controlled. plus its great at treating hyperpigmentation, as all my marks fade within a month.

the pads are rough, did you have any problem with them irritating your face when you cleanse? Do you just drag the pads across your face or do you rub them in a little bit? will rubbing cause breakouts?

the pads are rough, did you have any problem with them irritating your face when you cleanse? Do you just drag the pads across your face or do you rub them in a little bit? will rubbing cause breakouts?

they arent that rough...no i have never had any irritation problems. it might just be me but i dont really believe touching your face or rubbing too hard (unless you rip your skin open) causes more breakouts. i tried gently rubbing the pads for 2 weeks a while back and nothing changed...still the occasional breakout.

i rub them in circles. i divide my face into my forehead, temples, between eyes, both sides of nose, under nose, both cheeks, both sides of jaw, and neck. i rub each part for 10 quick seconds twice to three times. in the morning i use it in the shower and at night i just do it over the sink.

right now im testing whether the length of time i spend rubbing my face with the pad affects oiliness/acne. i rubbed for a lot less time today and it seems my oiliness has reduced, but ill see more after a few more days.

edit: you know what im gonna try rubbing gently all the time now. i have a few small bumps on the right side of my face that i would like gone...maybe rubbing too hard has something to do with it. anyways, the pads arent too rough, especially when you add water to them, they become really slippery.