Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright so I have mild/moderate acne(used to be mild, for whatever reason it's getting worse) and I need a recommendation...The type of acne I have is small red spots, mostly under the skin that literally just look like red marks...So it's not TOO bad but it's covering a decent amount of my face, mostly my left cheek...I was wondering if I should be using a AHA or a BHA or just something like cetaphil?

I hear AHAs are the best for this type of acne, the small spots and will clear it up easily, any truth to that? I hardly ever get inflamed acne anymore just these spots and small whiteheads...In some lighting you can't even see them but I saw myself in natural light earlier today and it looked horrible.. I just want to tone my skin like it was a few weeks ago, it was a lot better but for whatever reason I'm getting these tiny spots and its killing my confidence...My nose and forehead are almost fully clear its just these spots on my cheeks...I have Aqua Glycolic that I was thinking of using or cetaphil cleanser or a slew of sacylic acid-based BHA's...any recommendations on what I should try?

Alright so I have mild/moderate acne(used to be mild, for whatever reason it's getting worse) and I need a recommendation...The type of acne I have is small red spots, mostly under the skin that literally just look like red marks...So it's not TOO bad but it's covering a decent amount of my face, mostly my left cheek...I was wondering if I should be using a AHA or a BHA or just something like cetaphil?

I hear AHAs are the best for this type of acne, the small spots and will clear it up easily, any truth to that? I hardly ever get inflamed acne anymore just these spots and small whiteheads...In some lighting you can't even see them but I saw myself in natural light earlier today and it looked horrible.. I just want to tone my skin like it was a few weeks ago, it was a lot better but for whatever reason I'm getting these tiny spots and its killing my confidence...My nose and forehead are almost fully clear its just these spots on my cheeks...I have Aqua Glycolic that I was thinking of using or cetaphil cleanser or a slew of sacylic acid-based BHA's...any recommendations on what I should try?

I suffer from a similar problem. My face is smooth, occasional pimples. In normal room light my face looks fine, but if I look at myself in the car mirror in daylight it is terrible. I started using cetaphil moisturizer and it seems to be helping. I don't know what else to try.

I suffer from a similar problem. My face is smooth, occasional pimples. In normal room light my face looks fine, but if I look at myself in the car mirror in daylight it is terrible. I started using cetaphil moisturizer and it seems to be helping. I don't know what else to try.

Yeah...That's where I saw myself earlier, car mirror and I couldn't believe it...And I know that's like the single worst possible lighting to judge yourself in but it also really shows the amount of acne/blemishes you have...My skin is also smooth, almost no bumps at all, just these red spots and I have some brown spots too...Some of them are just old marks from other acne which are fine and barely noticeable but some have literally just come up out of nowhere..I don't understand it...It may be the heat but I don't know, summer usually makes my skin better, maybe my skin is just adjusting or something...What sucks is I was almost getting to be clear like 2 weeks ago and BAM, I'm hit with this.

I haven't been using any products at all, just water washing and it was working extremely well for a long time up until now..I was 90% clear and just had a few left over marks that were fading. I don't think it was the regimen that did this, there has to be some other cause like weather/stress/hormonal stuff...But anyway I feel like my face needs something I just don't know what. These seem like they would be easy to get rid of I really just don't want them to spread anymore, it's affecting my day a lot.

Red spots eh. Could it be an allergic reaction? You say your skin was great up until now. Have you changed your diet or exercise routine?

Are you in college? When I went to college my acne flared up like crazy because of stress, eating habits, lack of sleeping, etc.

It might also be Rosacea - you might want to go check out pictures of mild cases and see if it fits you.