Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys im wanting to buy some 100% Aloe Vera gel of the Internet after hearing about how it can treat scars, redmarks and possibly help acne.

Anyone know where i can get it from ? , it would have to be pure 100%.

Thanks Peeeeps

i dont think there is much chance of getting your hands on 100% aloe vera product,the only way your gonna get that is if you buy yourself an aloe vera plant,they only cost a few quid.so maybe you are better off doing that.otherwise what i would reconmend,is getting 99.9%aloe vera gel,which you can get in holland and barret.thats what i use....

If you want to go 100% pure organic aloe vera, your best bet would be buying aloe vera leaves and getting the gel of the fresh leaves. But recently, I've purchased an organic aloe vera gel that's 100% natural from lilithsapothecary[dot]etsy[dot]com

(for some reason I can't post the links up, just remove the [dot] and replace it with the full stop sign) but if you search through her shop, you'll be able to find the organic aloe vera gel! i have it at home and its really liquidy (not gel form).

If you buy the aloe vera gels from health food stores such as Holland & Barratt, it's only 99% or 99.9% pure, but it's really not cause they put gelling agents to make it in gel form. If you ever want to go for that route, Lily Of the Desert or Fruit Of The Earth gels are good (review-based).

I was just wondering how you fit aloe vera into your skin care routine - before moisurising? Also, do you only use it once active acne is gone on the red marks? That etsy shop looks amazing! I want some of the lip balm now!!

I've tried Aloe Vera from the plant leaves, but unfortunately I had no idea how to get it into a more liquid gel form so I literally just took a thin chunk and slopped it onto my face lol. BUT within 10 minutes, the redness had almost completely gone and it was smoother and softer.

Unfortunately, Aloe Vera DOES NOT get rid of acne, it only improves the appearance, making it more bearable whilst you find something that actually targets the problem.

But I still think it's worth it.

Oh yh, DO NOT USE Holland & Barrett 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel. I bought it and it sucked. It is definitely less than that. Just buy the plant and extract it yourself :D

It's better this way because it's almost impossible to find 100% Aloe Vera online (believe me, I've tried).

Edited by DepressedAndConfuzed

I've tried Aloe Vera from the plant leaves, but unfortunately I had no idea how to get it into a more liquid gel form so I literally just took a thin chunk and slopped it onto my face lol.

Use a blender to make it into a liquid then put it in a jar and then vala there u have it. Make sure u cut the leaf green off and get to the gel otherwise it wont go right.

Edited by Az112

I've tried Aloe Vera from the plant leaves, but unfortunately I had no idea how to get it into a more liquid gel form so I literally just took a thin chunk and slopped it onto my face lol.

Use a blender to make it into a liquid then put it in a jar and then vala there u have it. Make sure u cut the leaf green off and get to the gel otherwise it wont go right.

Dont own a blender :(

natures sunshine carries 100% aloe vera.

Sorry, I was wrong. It's not 100%, but its more pure than most other aloe products out there.