Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

How do I know I will not get adult acne?

I never got acne until I was 16 and then it was very mild. Around the time I turned 17 it started to get bad and my whole face was covered and burned. I went to the dermatologist and after experimenting around I have found a combination of antibiotics and prescriptions that have turned most of my acne into red spots. My dermatologist said my acne was because my body started creating more sebum while I still have "baby" pores. I just thought this was pretty odd because I did not mature very early but this seems very late to get "teenage" acne. I want to trust my dermatologist in that I will grow out of this but is there any reason to believe I will have acne for the rest of my life?

My dermatologist said my acne was because my body started creating more sebum while I still have "baby" pores.

That sounds very strange.

I guess there is no way to tell whether or not you will get adult acne. Only time can tell. However, you are only 16 and, although you might not necessarily e.g. grow any taller, bodywise there are still a few more years to go until you are fully developed. Having acne at 16 is by no means an indication that you will have adult acne in the future.

If, in let's say 8 years, you still have acne, you reconsider that question.

Anyhow, start treating your acne asap and you are more likely to be able to control it!