Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michael100

Annoying problem during the night

Hey all,

I've had an annoying acne/infection on my forehead for quite some months now, and have tried

pretty much everything to cure it, with little effect. At the moment however I am using the steaming and baking soda facial method, and although it is still there, it definately looks clearer, and fingers crossed with continous use i'll get somewhere.

Anyway, the main problem that i'm almost certain is preventing the 'full cleanup' is during the night. Many nights I wake up and I am resting my hands on my forehead, or they are generally around the infection, and i'm sure this is spreading it. I've often noticed that it spreads easily, particularly after this.

During The day it's fine of course because I try not to have any contact with my face, unless of course i'm washing it, but it's obviously beyond my control during the night, and i'm always frustrated when I wake up in the middle of the night, only to find i'm resting my hands there and can be pretty much certain of it spreading soon after.

I know this is a strange request, but can anyone think of a way to stop this? I was thinking of wearing gloves, will this have any effect? Even though i'll still do it maybe it won't spread as much? Or is this just wishful thinking. I've tried for instance wearing certain clothes to limit

my arms movement in the night so they cant get to my face, but as you can imagine, this is very uncomfortable.

this might sound silly but how about sleeping with socks on ur hands..i think that if your hands are in fact how the infection is spreading, covering them would def stop the spread

A crazy way is to tie your hands down, but that's rather extreme.

Well when you sleep, you can't do much about where your hands go. I say target the infection/acne on your forehead right on. It wouldn't matter what's going on with your hands if you solve the main problem.

How about you put one hand under your pillow and your other hand somewhere else. You could also try crossing your arms when you sleep. Thats what I do

Thanks for the suggestions. Sushi, i've been trying for a long time, believe me :) For instance I started doing the baking soda method, and was very impressed. Then I started doing this in the night, and sure enough, spots started to form again (although with continued treating with this method they're dying down quicker) where I noticed my hands were resting, itching etc.

Thanks for the other suggestions, but I think i'm going to move my hands no matter what. I have noticed however that I wake up in the night and find my hands there, and a lot of the time this is after going to sleep late etc. When I sleep sound throughout the night it dosn't seem to be a problem. So I think it is more of an 'uncomfortable' action, that I do when i'm not sleeping well etc. I'll try to relax and sleep better :)