Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

Anyone here get insurance just for accutane?

Anyone here get insurance just for accutane or know any affordable insurances I could get for this? I want to see if I can get an insurance that covers dermatology. Is that are for insurances to cover that though? I'm in florida by the way so the insurance company would have to be nation wide or in my area.

i have blue cross and i pay $169 a month for the insurance, plus my derm appts are $25 copays and the prescription drugs are $15 copays and the labwork (bloodtesting) is covered completely. so it totals to $209 a month. obviously it is still a lot, but it's still cheaper than doing accutane without any insurance. good luck to you.

Hm... does anything here think the best thing to do is call the derms and ask them what insurances they know of that cover dermatology, would that be the best thing to do?

Hm... does anything here think the best thing to do is call the derms and ask them what insurances they know of that cover dermatology, would that be the best thing to do?

No, that won't help. You'll probably need to call insurers to see what they offer. I'm in Florida too and most individual plans are a)expensive and b) have huge deductibles. What's wrong with your work's insurance? Are there any other choices you can pick?

I have Blue Shield (in CA) and I got it basically to treat my acne. I went to my derm. without insurance for a little while and the stuff he was prescribing was very expensive without insurance, so you definitely want to look into it. I had really good coverage that cost me about $300 a month and the cost of Tane was $10, generic that is. Now that I'm done with Tane I down graded my plan to a bout $180 a month. Do some good research into health insurance and good luck.