Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnttreadonme900

why do some people still break out after the oil stops?

Once the oil stopped, I have gotten the most 3 small pimples since. And it's been almost 3 weeks.

Why is it since the oil is gone and all the stuff got pushed out already (initial breakout) that some people still are breakout out. Not just a few pimples, like cysts and stuff? I always though bacteria needed oil to make a pimple form. Without the oil, theres nothing to form. Its like if your making cookies. If you don't have the milk, you're not going to have any yummy cookies to munch on. :drool:

hey I was wondering the exact same thing! My conclusion is that accutane does not stop the oil 100% because if that were the case our skin would just break apart. Some oil is fundamental. My assumption is that accutane actually just dries the skin out quite severely but tiny bits of moisture remain so comedomes form at a far slower pace. I say this because I notice that since being on accutane my comedome production has been reduced greatly but still not seized. I still noticed today that instead of 20 comedomes I had 2 but I was wondering why this was. So I guess they do still form but they are far smaller and at most times dry out before they can become ugly and infected. So I guess perfect skin is something very impossible, the way the body works you will always (whether you notice it or not) have some blocked pores, whether today or tomorrow.

A second opinion would be good!!!

hey I was wondering the exact same thing! My conclusion is that accutane does not stop the oil 100% because if that were the case our skin would just break apart. Some oil is fundamental. My assumption is that accutane actually just dries the skin out quite severely but tiny bits of moisture remain so comedomes form at a far slower pace. I say this because I notice that since being on accutane my comedome production has been reduced greatly but still not seized. I still noticed today that instead of 20 comedomes I had 2 but I was wondering why this was. So I guess they do still form but they are far smaller and at most times dry out before they can become ugly and infected. So I guess perfect skin is something very impossible, the way the body works you will always (whether you notice it or not) have some blocked pores, whether today or tomorrow.

A second opinion would be good!!!

well i understand that there are still gonna be some pimples, like i said I got 2 since the oil stopped drastically. but I was wondering why instead of some people getting less pimples since there is much less oil they are breaking out horribly just as they did before treatment or even worse.

yeah im on my last pill for my month 1 and my oil dramatically reduced, but still a tinny left

even though oil stopped, i got a spot on my cheek, and like 10 small ones on my forehead

so oil stopping wouldnt mean your breakout will altogether stop i guess...

Because sebum is not the only factor in acne formation. Keratinization, shedding, stickiness of dead skin cells and sebum itself etc are all factors. Genetics, ad infinitum. Sebum's simply not the only factor.