Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
player e

maybe this will help someone help me

I have heard that acne is hereditary. Which in my family it seems like it. Both my mother and father had acne.

My question starts with this. Why did my brother only suffer from acne for about a year and a half and I still suffer for four years now?

My brother is 2 years older than me (hes 19 im 17) we both started getting acne our freshman year of high school. So by the time it hit me my brother was clearing up. I am just wondering why I still have it and I cant seem to get rid of it.

I know its not related to hygiene, because my brother is a filthy mess. yet he does not break out. I notice he only takes showers about once every 3-4 days. And I NEVER see him washing his face. I take one every night after work and wash my face every morning and night.

I know its not my eating habits. I try to eat relatively healthy, yet my brother can stuff his face with 6 slices of pizza and nothing will be on his face in the morning.

It might have something to do with our bodies build. My brother is about 6' 5" and weighs 260lbs. I am 6'3" and weight 170lbs. maybe that has something to do with my problem?

these are some things that are puzzling me and maybe some answers would help me find my way to clear skin. Some information on why this is happening would help greatly. :)

I'm just going to list all the suspected causes of acne I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe it'll help you to understand why you may be suffereing while your brother is not.

Poor Diet

Lack of Exercise

Build up of oil - (You may have naturally oily skin compared to your brother)

Build up of dead skin cells

Hormone fluctuations

Stress

Certain chemicals - (Your shampoo, toothpaste, cleaning products)

Irritation - (Sleeping with your face in the pillow, touching your face etc)

Sun exposure

There are a number of things here that you may be doing differently to your brother, it could be as simple as increased stress levels.