Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OilyOneCanobe

Pixel VS TCA Cross. Which is kING?

Possibly the best two scar treatments available today....maybe??

Iv been looking at a lot of before and after pictures for Pixel and TCA cross treatment, and i have seen many dramatic improvements. But which of these 2 treatments is superior?

The TCA cross has been around longer than the Pixel so makes me think that the new technology of Pixel should be better. However there are some amazing before and after pictures of TCA-cross floating about the internet that are difficult to ignore.

Also a lot of these makeover shows such as 10 years younger use TCA as part of the makeover, only considering this because these shows have massive spending budgets and will always seek out the best treatments.

On the Pixel side of things, Dr Lam who has a great reputation does use it.

So which is it?

Any experiences welcome , and any thoughts on the two treatments please post here!

i honestly don't know much about pixel, but im guessing it is expensive?

one of the benefits of TCA cross is its within most people price range. i did mines myself and it only cost about £20 odd for two rounds, i still have some left for future.

i hope someone posts about the pros of pixel, sorry i couldn't help you there.

goodluck in your choice.

Different treatments are beneficial for certain types of scarring.

To generalise TCA Cross and Pixel as the "best acne scarring treatments" is a bit short-sighted.

Different treatments are beneficial for certain types of scarring.

To generalise TCA Cross and Pixel as the "best acne scarring treatments" is a bit short-sighted.

If your going to quote me i said "Possibly the best two scar treatments available today....maybe??"

TCA cross and Pixel is suitable for a large proportion of all the various acne scarring types, including the most common types (I never once said ALL types of scarring!).

So consider this thread for those people only.

And secondly, I dont feel i must include small print in my original post detailing which types of scarring it is suited for. If someone wants to discuss TCA and Pixel treatment obviously it is for those that have scarring that is suited for the mentioned treatment.

For those that are "ELIGABLE", TCA cross and Pixel are Possibly the best two scar treatments available today. Bar perhaps Plasma treatment.

Still welcoming any treatments that might be superior to these.

If you got rid of "Pixel v Fraxel" in the thread title and just used "Which acne scar treatment is king?"... now that would make for a good debate. :think:

IMO based on factors such as downtime, cost and effectiveness etc i would say both TCA CROSS and DERMAROLLER/NEEDLING are decent procedures.

IMO based on factors such as downtime, cost and effectiveness etc i would say both TCA CROSS and DERMAROLLER/NEEDLING are decent procedures.

I know very little about dermaroller/needling, sounds painful...

Is it done yourself or by a doc?