Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im in Florida right now and since I got down here maybe 4 days ago I have been at the pool & beach alot and it seems the chlorine and the salt water has reduced my redness a alot.... is that possible or is that just a fluke?

Watch out if you're in the sun. Often, the sun can temporarily "fade" your red marks because it makes your face slightly redder so they blend in. However, a sun-tan is skin damage, and will ultimately prolong the time they'll take to heal.

On a more related note, salt water is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, so it might reduce red marks and would certainly reduce any tenderness or swelling. Chlorine, maybe, but I haven't found it to help. Made it worse if anything.

I don't know about that, but it certainly won't do you any harm.

It might dry your skin out a bit though so use plenty of moisturiser, and only do it once a day.

See if it works after a couple of weeks, and post back here, because that would be a cheap solution.

I know there are a few of people on the board who use salt-water, try searching and see what you find.

I wouldn't recommend wiping your face with salt water.

The salt water in the ocean definitely helps red marks. I, similarly, was in Florida and after a couple dips in the ocean, my red marks were almost gone. After about a week after returning home, this relief seemed to disappear :(