Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

I know how much you love EDM so I thought Id do a poll...

EDM Shade  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which family are you?

• Warm
    • Golden
    • Cool
    • Beige
    • Buff
    • Olive
  2. 2. Which formula do you use?

• Intensive
    • Original Glow
    • Matte
    • Semi Matte

I know the EDM didnt work for me the first time and I hated it. I am determined to find the right shade though. I ordered my sample kit on tuesday and hopefully, I will receive it tomorrow. Anyway, Im just curious which shade you are and which formula you use

Light Olive intensive in summer.

Olive Fair intensive in winter.

Or a mixture of both depending on how often I've been bad at applying sunscreen. ;)

Best Friends blush and Apple are my favorites

I love Snowflakes eyeshadow (it's GORGEOUS!)

and Cypress eyeshadow is beautiful as well.

I used some Best Friends on the lips, too, and it looked very nice.

Wow, I just looked at the swatches on the site. I'd never pick Cypress now. On the old swatches, the color showed up as a lovely deep almost forest green with specks or even rivers of molten gold in it. This one looks like mud on the new site! What a shame.

olive fair in intensive

and for summer I add a very light layer of olive medium (light olive is too warm for me still).

Light Olive or Olive Fair in matte, depending on the season.

Tried intensive, too chalky looking for me, didn't like the heavier coverage. Also, matte was better for controlling my oiliness. ::shrugs:: Dunno why.

haha, i still don't know. ;)

but i do know that i like original glo.

I dont know either but I shall find out tomorrow. I think Im getting my kit tomorrow. I ordered it on Tuesday. Im so excited that I just cant hide it! I think Im about to lose my minnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

Im pretty sure Im somewhere in the cool family. My skin is very light and I burn easily.

That does not mean you are a cool. Judging by your photos, I think you're a warm, beige or buff. I went back and looked at your arm photo just to make sure; it shows your veins looking much more green than blue so I'd say you're much more warm than cool.

Im pretty sure Im somewhere in the cool family. My skin is very light and I burn easily.

That does not mean you are a cool. Judging by your photos, I think you're a warm, beige or buff. I went back and looked at your arm photo just to make sure; it shows your veins looking much more green than blue so I'd say you're much more warm than cool.

Eek! I ordered all my colors from the cool family and I ordered one from the beige family. I ordered cool fair, cool fair medium, and beige fairly light. Ive already tried beige medium and cool multi tasking in intensive and they were too dark

I'm using Beige Fairly Light in Intensive Formula for my foundation. It looks slightly lighter on me in bright, white light but in natural daylight or yellow light, I look fine. :think: Maybe it isn't the perfect color for me but I will stick to it since I seem to get away with it. I'm tired of trying out all those other colors. I have Original Glo Formula in Beige Fairly Light too but I haven't tried it yet since I'm waiting for my skin to clear out more before I start trying glowy complexions.

I also just started using the Pressed Powder in Fairly Light today too since my kit arrived yesterday and I love it better than the powder formula. I may switch over to it altogether. The shade is a teeny-weeny darker than the powder form I'm using but it's working great for me so yay for EM?

Eek! I ordered all my colors from the cool family and I ordered one from the beige family. I ordered cool fair, cool fair medium, and beige fairly light. Ive already tried beige medium and cool multi tasking in intensive and they were too dark

Well, the sample kits don't cost much at all. You can keep trying until you find what you want. I thought the other EDM thread showed you already that you're not a cool. The one young lady had a great post about redness convincing some ladies that they were cools when they were actually warms, and headtrip honey mentioned the vein test thingy.

The beige fairly light may work.

Well, I hope one of them works. I know its cheap but I dont like waiting for shipping. I know its only four days but its still a pain in the arshe to wait for it

OMG! I look like an effing freak in this make up! My face is all peely and some places the make up just rubs off. The concealer is so sparkly, it looks horrible! I dont know what to do! I want this to look nice but it actually looks worse than without the make up. I am not gonna use the mint concealer anymore, what a stupid idea for a color! Its green and stays green on the face! I put on beige light fair in original glow and then I put on the multi tasking concealer. I have an 8gram jar of that. It took me three times but I finally got it to look good on my face. I like the color match

I usually wear Warms, and sometimes I wear Goldens, but I just chose Warm in Intensive.

Didn't you purchase one of their pearl concealers? "Pearl" means that it's going to have some shimmer in it, and apparently it does.

Did you order the pearl mint, or the regular mint concealer? I have the regular and it's not shimmery at all. If you ordered the regular concealer and it came out shiny, then CS fudged up your order.

Yea I'm thinking you used the pearl mint concealer because I have the mint color corrector as someone else said it doesn't have a touch of glitter to it and I use it everyday. The key is to apply it with a light hand a little goes a long way and does wonders for my redness. As far as foundation goes I read that you used original glo, original glo has sparkles in it also, I would suggest maybe going for an intensive..thats what I use and I have oily skin. I get great coverage and its not shimmery at all.