Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazygamar

Rice and Noodles

Im just trying to figure out a general consensus of acne causing foods. Heres a couple I wanted to know about.

Rice - White or brown

Noodles

I love Asian food, i eat Chinese a lot, and I often make rice or noodles to take to work as my lunch. But I thought I read on here that rice, specifically white is a big no no with acne, is this true?

Secondly, a gluten free diet. I was reading over Healthoids posts and the one link said that some grains contain gluten. Which grains are safe and gluten free?

Hey,

I'm also struggling with this issue.

I cannot simply eliminate rice in my diet since it's part of my culture and thats what my family eats. Heres what I learned from my research:

White Rice is very high in glycemic load, which is obviously very bad carbohydrates. This causes unstable blood sugar levels, thus affecting your immune system... and eventually may cause acne. This is not proven nor am i stating this is true, just a "may happen", but obviously white rice is not very healthy, same goes for white bread or noodles.

What i'm trying now is reducing the amount of rice intake and swapping to FULL brown rice and beans.

I eat boild white and brown rice everyday and it doesn't seem to cause acne to me. I eat noodles only when they're not FRIED. Anything fried is evil. No good... :eh:

Gotta experiment man. Acne treatment through nutrition is a guessing game, not a science.

i can eat rice 3x a day, 4 bowls at each meal--and still not break out. Others might have problems with that.

Experiment!

Gotta experiment man. Acne treatment through nutrition is a guessing game, not a science.

i can eat rice 3x a day, 4 bowls at each meal--and still not break out. Others might have problems with that.

Experiment!

Yeah me too, i used to eat a lot of rice in that amount

But that is extremely bad for your health because of the excess glycemic load (causing unstable blood sugars)

Anything fried is evil. No good... :eh:

It all depends on what the food is fried in. A very healthy dish could be all-fried.

If rice is part of your culture, then I wouldn't worry too much about cutting it out. Wheat is the main grain culprit of acne; and rice is far down the list. Just...try not to overdo it.

Wow, thanks guys. I thought this post of mine died and then I checked back and saw all the responses, so thanks.

I guess everyone is right, I'll just have to experiment with it and go from there.

I never really considered white rice as being unhealthy, considering theres really nothing to it, its almost air, haha, but I have been hearing that more and more lately. I truthfully thought a rice based diet, such as an Asian diet, is very healthy, but I may be wrong.

However, a lot of people recommend brown rice, so maybe i'll switch.