Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
backdoor_clobber

There's No Solution To All Skin Types!!

I'm sure most of you know this idea too. Everyone's skin type and body is different, so we all have different chemical treatments and holistic approaches suitable for us. I've seen many holistic solutions, especially diet. I've even tried the water-only approach, and that really broke me out badly. Still haven't recovered.

Can any of you give some suggestions and solutions for me? I've tried water-only cleansing, but it didn't work because my skin is extremely oily. And it is not just very oily, it is perhaps abnormally oily. And keratin maybe plays a role, because on the part where I breakout the most(cheekbones), there's a lot of oil and it's even sticky as well. My nose is oily as well, but it doesn't breakout like my cheek/sides area. Its not just T-zone, but entire face. Some people breakout because of certain factors, but I'm sure that mine is because of the oiliness. If I can somehow find a holistic approach that can settle down my hormones and make my skin just "normal" oily skin, it would probably heal on its own. I can't stress just how much oil it is. It's disgusting sometimes when you feel your face and can feel the oil. On days where the oil is sticky, I know I'll breakout for sure. I've already tried to not eat any grains except for rice, and avoided sugar. Everyday I still have a drink with sugar in it. Just one. I've begun to take Omega 3 Fish oil capsules, but noticed my skin got even more oilier? I wash with normal cleanser. I know it could be harsh, but I've tried cetaphil before and it seemed to just make me oilier. I've eliminated dairy so far and begun to eat more vegetables. I''ve also begun to sleep earlier, and feel it's helping. On days where I sleep late, I will get that sticky skin the next day.

Based on what you know about my skin(extreme over sebum is my cause of acne), can you give me some sort of regimen? I'm desperate. I really am. Sometime's despite all the acne I have, I feel that the oily skin is even more concerning.

What's you diet like? Do you exercise? Do you sleep well?

Overproduction of sebum is at least partially linked to insulin resistance and blood sugar metabolism problems.

The antidote for that is exercise, sleep well, positive attitude and correct diet. The definition of correct diet varies a lot here. I would recommend low-fat, high-fruit diet, but others would recommend low-carb, high-fat diet. Both seem to get the job done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to try something and get discouraged if you don't see quick results. I may be wrong, but that's the impression I got from your post. If that's the case little patience helps.

I can't believe water fasting wouldn't help you. Initially it may break you out, but after few days things settle. Not that I really recommend water fasting. It's a bit extreme for people who are not used to fasting.

I've done it for like 1-2 weeks. I know it should work for some people. But not for me, because if you take one look at my skin type you will know. There's just too much oil to be using water only. You can probably do it if you have oily skin, but not abnormally oily like mine. Plus it gets sticky. I've just doubled my white heads during this period without ever clearing them. They just got worse and worse. And it was water regimen, just cleaning face wtih water. I'm sure it will never work on such oily skin. Even if the oil were to absorb, there'd be too much. As for foods, I still eat rice, does it count as carb? I think I'll have to do high fruit low fat, because I can't avoid carbs everyday. I eat rice only though. Does anyone else have this oily and stickyish skin on problem areas?

just wash your face twice with a nice gentle soap. There is a study shows that twice a day washing improves acne compared to one time or no washing.

I've done it for like 1-2 weeks. I know it should work for some people. But not for me, because if you take one look at my skin type you will know. There's just too much oil to be using water only. You can probably do it if you have oily skin, but not abnormally oily like mine. Plus it gets sticky. I've just doubled my white heads during this period without ever clearing them. They just got worse and worse. And it was water regimen, just cleaning face wtih water. I'm sure it will never work on such oily skin. Even if the oil were to absorb, there'd be too much. As for foods, I still eat rice, does it count as carb? I think I'll have to do high fruit low fat, because I can't avoid carbs everyday. I eat rice only though. Does anyone else have this oily and stickyish skin on problem areas?

ARGHHHHHHHHH. I don't care. I need help.

you said you're in high school? well to be honest that's when your hormones are probably the most messed up. if you change your diet and wash your face that's all you can do "holistically".

also between classes try using face pads to get the oil off